Egg on my face

Hawkfnntn

Holy crap if anyone were to look back at my posts on Iowa hoops this year you'd think I was a total idiot. When the preseason media folks came out and said Iowa would be like 8 or 9th I was screaming from the mountain top that we'd be closer to 4th or 6th at worst. Pffff... It's a good thing I'm not into gambling because I'd have been living under a bridge a long time ago with my track record. Good lord.
They just aren't athletic enough. Cook is but the book is out on JBo. He's not nearly quick/fast/athletic enough for being a PG at this level. He'll have a good game here and there I'm sure but now that every team with a quick athletic PG knows they just have to pick him up 94' and pester the crap out of him he'll be ineffective and check out mentally.
As far as defense goes if the other team is patient and doesn't turn the ball over you'll get a good look against us. You just will. We can't force a team to do anything they don't want to. Such a frustrating thing to watch. If it wasn't for Ellingson getting his shots to drop there'd have been no run at the start of the 2nd half and Iowa would have lost by 30. That was so bad. Going to be a long winter I'm afraid

Your not the only one who thought such preposterous things.
I'd take 8th or 9th in the conf this year at this point.

Join the club.. I think I said 22 wins. OOPS.

Clearly I underestimated losing Jok, and overestimated the value of those two road wins against Wisky and MD late last year. I thought things were starting to come together and that this year's team would build on that.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been egged by Hawkeye hoops, though. It's been a pretty regular occurrence since Steve Alford was hired..

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with making mistakes and admitting it. At least you didn’t have your team punt the ball from the opponents own thirty yard line. What can you expect for a mere four million a year.

Holy crap if anyone were to look back at my posts on Iowa hoops this year you'd think I was a total idiot. When the preseason media folks came out and said Iowa would be like 8 or 9th I was screaming from the mountain top that we'd be closer to 4th or 6th at worst. Pffff... It's a good thing I'm not into gambling because I'd have been living under a bridge a long time ago with my track record. Good lord.
They just aren't athletic enough. Cook is but the book is out on JBo. He's not nearly quick/fast/athletic enough for being a PG at this level. He'll have a good game here and there I'm sure but now that every team with a quick athletic PG knows they just have to pick him up 94' and pester the crap out of him he'll be ineffective and check out mentally.
As far as defense goes if the other team is patient and doesn't turn the ball over you'll get a good look against us. You just will. We can't force a team to do anything they don't want to. Such a frustrating thing to watch. If it wasn't for Ellingson getting his shots to drop there'd have been no run at the start of the 2nd half and Iowa would have lost by 30. That was so bad. Going to be a long winter I'm afraid

I'm just dumbfounded by it all. I mean John Wooden wouldn't be able to coach this group to the tournament now. The inside guys missed I don't know how many bunnies. Which occasionally will happen but they missed more than their share. We have a 6'11 guy matched up with 6'5 guys and shorter and we don't post him up. Moss gets benched for most of the game due to his play being so bad.
I think it starts at the defensive end. I think when we give up so many easy looks they get down on themselves and then press to try and score quick at the other end and force things and it just snow balls. I just don't get how this group could regress this much. Sure Jok was an offensive force to lean on but not to this extent. We played pretty well without him last yr for stretches. Frans got his work cut out for him now that's for sure

I remember feeling slighted that Palm and Lunardi didn't have us in the tournament.

laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

I too will take some of that egg on the face. I predicted 23-8. LOL!! Apparently, I got the losses and wins mixed up. 8-23 seems more appropriate at this point.

Its ok ! We we are all delusional after last year thinking of the young talent and experience they got and we thought it would continue for the next 2-3 yrs but wow! Starting to wonder if KF is coaching BB too!

Thanks I thought I saw him on the bench suited up. Was surprised as the game went on he never got in and hadn't heard different till now.

Cook is our best player and all he can do is dunk it or try for a layup . Our best player can’t shoot a jump shot . I too thought we would be a more balanced and better team without jok . Boy was I wrong

Its ok ! We we are all delusional after last year thinking of the young talent and experience they got and we thought it would continue for the next 2-3 yrs but wow! Starting to wonder if KF is coaching BB too!
Cap is BIGGER than life no?Coach Fran will continue to make adjustments.Still Intensity,WAAYnice start.Daily ? A good option.Next game should quality test.

There is nothing wrong with making mistakes and admitting it. At least you didn’t have your team punt the ball from the opponents own thirty yard line. What can you expect for a mere four million a year.

With the punters we have now the opponents could fair catch it at the twenty. :D

Latest posts