Effing BTN

SirEdHightower

So you know those constant adds on BTN for that nifty thingamajig on their website they call the game finder? Don't trust it. These wizards are something else. I don't know if it is Comcast, the BTN or both but another failure on their part. Throughout the week I have checked the "gamefinder" to see what is playing on BTN in Denver through comcast. There are no overflow channels, just the one standard definition BTN channel, weak, I know. Well, I checked 4 times throughout the week including right before kickoff and every time it said Iowa vs TT as the game we would get. I have a few friends come over to watch the game, kick-off to 2011 Hawkeye football on the cusp, brew in hand, rotel in crock, Lou Holtz saliva on camera lens, fresh lipstick on........oh wait, forget that last one.... then........ZING........Nittany Lions running out onto the field. Awesome.

We hop in a car and drive to a bar, not a big deal, but c'mon now hermanos.

This happened either last year or the one before also. You'd think these clowns could get it right.

Honestly, Sir, that sounds more like a Comcast fail than a BTN fail. I did the same as you, checked GameFinder all week, and everything was accurate.
Mind you, I'm with Time Warner Cable in Norf Ca'lina, and we have two std def plus two high def plus one on demand BTN channels. Teh game was right where they said it would be.
Anyway, sorry it fd up your plans.

I'd like the BTN production crew to sharpen up a bit more. The typical camera shot prior to each play was way too lose - could not easily see the players or the action. It was as if I was watching from the roof of a building across the street. I'd like it if they would tighten up the camera

NCH

Totally frustrated with Comcast and BTN from Saturday's game. All week Comcast in central Joisey listed the three noon EDT games (Penn State-Indiana State, Iowa-Tennessee Tech or Purdue-Middle Tennessee State) for both the BTN channel and the lone overflow here. Being a Reggie Roby punt from the Delaware, I figured I'd get Joe Pa on the BTN channel. Tuned in to the overflow hoping beyond hope to find the Hawkeyes and not Purdon't, only to see a nice BTN logo against dual gray wallpaper, no game. Waited for several minutes, no change. Scanned all through the channels, no Iowa.

Finally called Comcast, easily spent more than half an hour trying to explain to the woman it was not my receiver, I didn't need to unplug it and restart it. Kept telling her somehow the feed wasn't making it to the overflow. She was a total fool, had no idea what I was talking about, kept saying I should be getting one of the three games listed above. Yes, I should. But I wasn't! I finally had to ask her to get in touch with their programming techs to let them know the BTN feed hadn't been opened. She said she would, and indeed, within five minutes Iowa-TT was on the overflow. Missed the entire first quarter and half of the second by that time, however.

I also thought the announcing and camera work were third-rate. Students at some top broadcasting schools could have done better, IMHO.

Instead of the Penn St. game, they could at least have shown one of their favorite rebroadcasts: Iowa losing to N'west., Wisky, or Ohio St. I know I never tire of seeing those three games over and over.

Instead of the Penn St. game, they could at least have shown one of their favorite rebroadcasts: Iowa losing to N'west., Wisky, or Ohio St. I know I never tire of seeing those three games over and over.

You get to watch the 2002 Iowa-Iowa State game today...right now on ESPN Classic College football.

You should be able to stream the game through btn2go. I have Charter Cable in connecticut and they just picked up BTN. They carry one BTN channel only, and it is in standard definition. On Saturday, they carried the Penn St. game.

Since I am a subscriber, I was able to stream the Iowa game from btn2go to a pc, then to my TV. It was not high def, but not bad either. It certainly beat running around to find a bar to watch the game.

You should be able to stream the game through btn2go. I have Charter Cable in connecticut and they just picked up BTN. They carry one BTN channel only, and it is in standard definition. On Saturday, they carried the Penn St. game.

Since I am a subscriber, I was able to stream the Iowa game from btn2go to a pc, then to my TV. It was not high def, but not bad either. It certainly beat running around to find a bar to watch the game.

What part of CT, if you don't mind my asking? My wife grew up in teh nutmeg state, and we used to live next door in Rhode Island.

Latest posts