Eerie confessions from Ed Thomas Killer

Geez, that is just crazy to think someone's mind can be that messed up. Hopefully justice is served.

Can this be moved to the Death penalty discussion board?

Right, cause if there's one thing that would deter a crazy person from killing someone else it's the death penalty.

This kid is obviously sick and he shouldn't ever see the light of day outside prison walls again as he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's not capable of functioning in it but the death penalty is hardly the answer.

Right, cause if there's one thing that would deter a crazy person from killing someone else it's the death penalty.

This kid is obviously sick and he shouldn't ever see the light of day outside prison walls again as he's proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's not capable of functioning in it but the death penalty is hardly the answer.

Well since we're talking in absolutes Duff, why is it not the answer? You said it's not, but gave literally 0 reasons why. Why is being an animal in a cage the clear answer and death is not?

We can legally kill innocent, unborn babies, but not murderers? F it, fry him...

So we should just let this guy sit in prison for 50 yrs or so and pay for him to eat three meals a day, watch cable tv, that cost a lot of money I say if you are convicted of a crime like this put them in front of a fire team and kill them. it cost 42 cents for bullet 15000 a yr for an inmate to eat shower and watch tv. Now thats bs.

I support the death penalty but I dont think that guy is playing with a full deck. Lock him up, throw away the key or give him the death penalty. Either way, he is off the streets.

This young man clearly has some serious problems although that is does not change what he did and he has to be punished. The death penalty is not going to deter him or any others like him from committing a crime. For people quoting the costs it typically costs a tremendous amount in appeals and court time for someone to receive the death penalty. I did research on this topic a few years back and it typically ends up costing substantially more to impose the death penalty although this may have changed. Personally I don't believe we have the right chose who lives and dies whether it is a murderer or a baby, but that is a whole different topic.

So we should just let this guy sit in prison for 50 yrs or so and pay for him to eat three meals a day, watch cable tv, that cost a lot of money I say if you are convicted of a crime like this put them in front of a fire team and kill them. it cost 42 cents for bullet 15000 a yr for an inmate to eat shower and watch tv. Now thats bs.

A dealth penalty trial and appeals before you get to the firing squad are what is so expensive...resulting in the death penalty being much more expensive than locking someone up for life.

Well since we're talking in absolutes Duff, why is it not the answer? You said it's not, but gave literally 0 reasons why. Why is being an animal in a cage the clear answer and death is not?

If the death penalty doesn’t serve as a deterrent than the only other possible reason we have to impose it is punishment and or revenge, neither seem appropriate in this case(or in my view any other case).

Look I don’t have a problem with the theory of the death penalty. There are certainly those out there who deserve it. My problem with the death penalty is that it is a part of our justice system.

Our justice system, while good, is not perfect. The reason it’s not perfect is that it’s run by humans, and humans despite their best intentions are imperfect beings. As we are imperfect we are going to make mistakes. We will make mistakes in mundane tasks such as cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and we will make mistakes in more complex tasks…. like implementing capital punishment.

Our justice system was basically founded on the principle that it’s better for a 100 guilty persons go free than it is for 1 innocent man go free. Despite that guiding principle innocent people still get convicted in crimes. While it happens very very very infrequently it still happens.

I know the world isn’t perfect and I accept innocent people will be convicted of crimes (however infrequently it happens). Given those two things I don’t see how it’s morally right to execute anyone. If we were capable of perfectly implementing capital punishment then I would feel differently, the fact that we aren’t means I can’t in good conscience do so.

It's clear that the kid has issues but some of the things he did before killing Thomas show me that he knew what he was planning on doing, and in my mind show that he is fit to stand trial for what he did.

We can legally kill innocent, unborn babies, but not murderers? F it, fry him...

So if abortion was illegal you would be against the death penalty? I don't get how someone so passionate about saving lives can be all for killing someone. IMO your logic is flawed. This kid will get what he deserves. Life in prison, even with 3 meals and cable TV, is no walk in the park. He'll be experiencing hell on earth for a few decades before he gets the real thing. Plus, I don't have any links or anything, but I've heard before that capital punishment costs more than keeping a person in prison for the rest of their life.

While I know that in the heat of the moment you just want to say "kill him" or whatever, it would be a much better punishment to him to put him in solitary confinement in a prison on an island in the middle of the ocean for the rest of his life. I realize if someone were to kill someone close to me I would immediately have the reaction to go at the guys throat but when you sit and give it thought that is almost letting him off the hook.

I think the best punishment you can give him is to put him in Solitary Confinement for life...no parol. Make him eat the most bland food...put him in a padded room so he can't kill himself...etc etc.

That's just my opinion on the matter though fwiw.

So if abortion was illegal you would be against the death penalty? I don't get how someone so passionate about saving lives can be all for killing someone. IMO your logic is flawed. This kid will get what he deserves. Life in prison, even with 3 meals and cable TV, is no walk in the park. He'll be experiencing hell on earth for a few decades before he gets the real thing. Plus, I don't have any links or anything, but I've heard before that capital punishment costs more than keeping a person in prison for the rest of their life.

Oh no, I'd be all for frying murderers even if abortion was illegal, oh great passion measurer!...As for my logic being flawed...That's rich...Did you learn that in "Far left/Far right 101"? "When you have no point, cloud their's and put them on the defensive"...nice! I guess I'll make you feel better with..."uh...um...I...err...uh...darn, ya got me there!" I hope that helped...