Eat your tickets

So just to make sure I understand this right. The team is bad this year and to make up for it we should basically just throw away our tickets and swallow the loss. Um hate to disappoint you, but I plan on being in Kinnick, because it's still nice to get away from home and with all the empty seats i might not feel like a sardine in the stands.

For the record, I think anyone who feels that anyone selling their ticket isn't a fan is absolutely clueless. Go back to your fairy tale world because that's not quite how things work in the real world. A lot of people give up a lot of time and money to attend games and maybe they just don't feel like it is worth the effort or their time to attend. That doesn't make them not a fan, at some point you have to balance out whats important. Why attend if your miserable and will do nothig but complain.

I'm going to the game win or lose. I'm not a fair weather fan like the rest of you seem to be....and I'm certainly not going to sell them to a Nebraska fan.

Losers.

I'm going to the game win or lose. I'm not a fair weather fan like the rest of you seem to be....and I'm certainly not going to sell them to a Nebraska fan.

Losers.

I'd be there with you Freak, but we have to be out of state for Thanksgiving. In Nebraska of all places. Not looking forward to watching the game with a bunch of husker fans.

For the record, I think anyone who feels that anyone selling their ticket isn't a fan is absolutely clueless. Go back to your fairy tale world because that's not quite how things work in the real world. A lot of people give up a lot of time and money to attend games and maybe they just don't feel like it is worth the effort or their time to attend. That doesn't make them not a fan, at some point you have to balance out whats important. Why attend if your miserable and will do nothig but complain.

Selling their tickets doesn't mean they're not a fan at all, kicker22, it just makes them less of a fan than those who still go. It's not all or nothing. There's a sliding scale that goes from a low of idiot fair-weatherers who think we've beaten Minnesota the last 5 years, to a high of multi-year season ticket holders who find Iowa wins sexually arousing. So I put fans who sell their tickets to Nebraska fans just below those who leave at the end of the third quarter every game just to beat the traffic.

That said, I have 4 season tickets, and our group is actually looking for 2 more for the Nebraska game, so ... here's your chance to sell them for less than what Nebraska fans would pay but with most of your dignity still intact.

Let me pose a serious question. Put pride aside, why wouldnt you sell them. If some Nebraska fan is willing to give you 100 or 200 bucks for your ticket a few weeks before christmas in the middle of hard economic times. Why wouldnt you sell them.

I look forward to Hawk games every year. This year is disappointing, but it's not worthless. There's nothing like gameday at Kinnick. The atmosphere around there is second to none. Of all the years I've had season tickets, even years with worse records, the fans still filled the seats and supported the team. There's nothing like it.

I'd be there with you Freak, but we have to be out of state for Thanksgiving. In Nebraska of all places. Not looking forward to watching the game with a bunch of husker fans.

Yeah...I'm not working that day and if I wasn't going to the game. then I'd have to be in Des Moines with in-laws, and crazy family. NFW. :)

this thread has encouraged me to sell my tickets to a bugeater. The guys screaming about not selling their tix prolly never have seen Kinnick outside of the TV in their local tavern.Screw em-go Bugahaw.

Selling their tickets doesn't mean they're not a fan at all, kicker22, it just makes them less of a fan than those who still go. It's not all or nothing. There's a sliding scale that goes from a low of idiot fair-weatherers who think we've beaten Minnesota the last 5 years, to a high of multi-year season ticket holders who find Iowa wins sexually arousing. So I put fans who sell their tickets to Nebraska fans just below those who leave at the end of the third quarter every game just to beat the traffic.

That said, I have 4 season tickets, and our group is actually looking for 2 more for the Nebraska game, so ... here's your chance to sell them for less than what Nebraska fans would pay but with most of your dignity still intact.

You missed the post directly above that in which I said I will be there regardless. THe fact is that no one knows the sacrifices some people make to simply get to a game. So if someone has to invest that much time and energy into getting there and doesn't feel like going to support a team, that has been anything but enjoyable to watch this season, who are we to call them out for it. Being a fan is not something that is on a rating scale or that you can measure. Whatever reason they have for not wanting to appear is up to that individual.
I have the priviledge of listening to the woman behind me trying to explain "her version" of football to a new friend every week. She knows nothing about the game or the teams playing it, but still shows up. For me to acknowledge her being a better fan than someone that doesn't show up because they're not happy with the way the team is playing is IMO foolish.

You missed the post directly above that in which I said I will be there regardless. THe fact is that no one knows the sacrifices some people make to simply get to a game. So if someone has to invest that much time and energy into getting there and doesn't feel like going to support a team, that has been anything but enjoyable to watch this season, who are we to call them out for it. Being a fan is not something that is on a rating scale or that you can measure. Whatever reason they have for not wanting to appear is up to that individual.
I have the priviledge of listening to the woman behind me trying to explain "her version" of football to a new friend every week. She knows nothing about the game or the teams playing it, but still shows up. For me to acknowledge her being a better fan than someone that doesn't show up because they're not happy with the way the team is playing is IMO foolish.

Saying there's no sliding scale of Hawk fans is just something those at the lower end say to make themselves feel better, sort of like those who say they're pretty on the inside. I'm not saying you're not a fan, but yeah, those who only bother to watch half the games or those who couldn't name a player beyond JVB or Weisman isn't on the same level as the best of them.

Probably only 15% of the people at the game, even if sober, truly know much about football. The rest are a mix of people that think they know about football and people that love the Hawks and like to be entertained by the entire game day experience.

If you're a ticket holder and you only want to go to games where the Hawks are guaranteed a win, I think that's a lousy fan. Those kind of people miss out on the games where we're predicted to lose for sure, and we win.

The woman that doesn't meet your expectations about football Knowledge but doesn't miss a game is a tougher fan than the one that knows a lot about football, and just can't bear to see the Hawks lose.

I'm a poor prole. I have very little money. Those guys on here who brag about being rich would laugh at my meager paycheck, so don't tell me about throwing money away. I watch every penny.

That being said, if you sell a ticket to a dirty bugeater you are a worthless pile of human garbage and certainly not a Hawkeye. If I know you sold your Iowa ticket to a Nebraska fan I will spit in your eye and fight you. I'm not a fighter, so if you are you may win, but I'll go down swinging...you'll have to kill me cause I won't stop.

I can relate with what you wrote and this certainly made my day. Good work:)

I am an Iowa State fan and I consider myself a pretty big one. I cleared almost 250 bucks per ticket selling them a few years ago when Iowa State really, really sucked and my buddy was getting married.

I don't feel the least bit bad about it. Other Iowa State fans had their chance to buy them and if the team was better I might have found a way to get there.

Plenty of people are prolly ahead of me in the tough fan rankings. If so, give yourselves a pat on the back.

If this game were on a Saturday, I'd still go. But I'm not going to leave Thursday night to watch this team, which is what I'd do so I could get settled back into my room and then get up early to tailgate.

But, I'd never sell to a Nebraska fan. I'm just not likely to find another Iowa student who actually wants it.

Latest posts