Easy money? 7.5

hawkforlife9

Given LSU has to play a true freshman as QB with only a few snaps this year... is this easy money at 7.5 points? From what I've read, LSU's strength is there offensive production - WITH A SENIOR QB.

I think we will handle them pretty easily given our defense and their freshman QB.

That Fr QB had no trouble moving the ball down the field in the last game.

I do think 7.5 is a helluva lot of points. Take the Hawks!

and last time we played them, it was a Freshman Quarterback who brought them back in the 4th quarter. (granted he turned out to be a monumental bust in the NFL).

I wouldn't get too cocky. This is a game where we have to play solid from kickoff to final gun to have a chance.

Given LSU has to play a true freshman as QB with only a few snaps this year... is this easy money at 7.5 points? From what I've read, LSU's strength is there offensive production - WITH A SENIOR QB.

I think we will handle them pretty easily given our defense and their freshman QB.

Get ready for the Jennings pain train baby! ;)

I wouldn't touch this game betting wise. I think they have a pretty damn good defense. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that their corners can take our WR's out of the game. I also don't think it's a stretch to think they could stop our running game. Point of reference...Nebraska kind of worked our running game. Canzeri broke one, but for the most part they did a pretty good job against us limiting us to 155 total yards and 3.5 yards a carry. Now, do you think LSU's defense is better than Nebraska's? I do...I think they are much, much better defensively. How does your easy money look now?

I agree with the assessment of a freshman QB with few snaps...that's a huge disadvantage for them, but we still have to be able to stop their running game to make that an issue. They are big with huge lead backs/linemen. It's going to be a challenge. He's been their number two all year so he knows the offense...and they will limit what he does and rely on the running game to beat us. I think we will do ok, but it's no walk in the park.

I think Vegas knows what they are doing with the line. Iowa needs to have a great gameplan on both sides of the ball to win this game...and our coordinators need to call great games.

Lastly, Iowa lost to the four really good teams they faced this year...they were close, but they lost them. LSU belongs in that group of teams...are we ready to step up. That's the question.

Finally, we are pretenders until we beat a ranked team. I'm hoping this is the game. I'm proud of what this team has accomplished thus far...now it's time to find out if they have the ability to take another step and beat a really good team.

Fortunately I don't live in Vegas so my bank account thanks me. However, i'd be inclined to take Iowa in this one. Bowl games get rid of the whole running up scores to impress the voters bs (for the most part) and I expect both teams to run the ball heavily. Thus, if LSU has a late lead they will sit on it and I doubt they win by more than a TD.

I would not call this easy money by any stretch. LSU has enough talent to beat us by 3 touchdowns or more. I have no idea how this game will go. I know Iowa will be prepared. We have 3 great linebackers that will make life harder for a Freshman QB, but I have no idea if we can keep up with them or not.

I wouldn't touch this game betting wise. I think they have a pretty damn good defense. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that their corners can take our WR's out of the game. I also don't think it's a stretch to think they could stop our running game. Point of reference...Nebraska kind of worked our running game. Canzeri broke one, but for the most part they did a pretty good job against us limiting us to 155 total yards and 3.5 yards a carry. Now, do you think LSU's defense is better than Nebraska's? I do...I think they are much, much better defensively. How does your easy money look now?

I agree with the assessment of a freshman QB with few snaps...that's a huge disadvantage for them, but we still have to be able to stop their running game to make that an issue. They are big with huge lead backs/linemen. It's going to be a challenge. He's been their number two all year so he knows the offense...and they will limit what he does and rely on the running game to beat us. I think we will do ok, but it's no walk in the park.

I think Vegas knows what they are doing with the line. Iowa needs to have a great gameplan on both sides of the ball to win this game...and our coordinators need to call great games.

Lastly, Iowa lost to the four really good teams they faced this year...they were close, but they lost them. LSU belongs in that group of teams...are we ready to step up. That's the question.

Spot on... particularly: "...Lastly, Iowa lost to the four really good teams they faced this year...they were close, but they lost them."

Nice video...pretty much sums it up. LSU has no chance. Wow, do you think we can play this in their locker room so they know this too?

I think Les Miles wants this game after losing bowl games the last few years. I think they come ready to play. That being said, I'm hoping our coaching staff has a great gameplan on both sides of the ball. LSU will not push us around and it will be interesting who is the more physical team, especially in the second half when the conditioning starts to really show up.

This is an interesting match up...and I think anyone who believes they know how it plays out, is simply guessing. I don't think you know until they line it up and start bashing the crap out of each other. It's going to be really physical and I can just hear Gruden getting into it...this is his kind of game.

So far at least, the B1G has not proven itself in bowl games as a tough conference. Iowa will have to play it's best game of the season to win.

So far at least, the B1G has not proven itself in bowl games as a tough conference. Iowa will have to play it's best game of the season to win.
I don't understand how Michigan's game; with a back-up QB and Minnesota's game, (a team we pounded) has anything to do with Iowa vs LSU? It's all about preparation with these bowls. Some teams do a better job with that than others. Iowa will be prepared. Will it overcome the amount of talent LSU has? Hard to say. We will find out tomorrow.

Personally I wouldn't touch it.

I think we have some things going for us in terms of preparation and definitely excited to be there, but we are still the less talented team in the skill positions, particilarly WR.

We have the advantage of them playing a freshman QB but it's not like a game that they had a week to prepare for, it's been a month and he looked good when he played.

I suppose if I was forced I'd bet on the hawks because we get the hook and rarely lose by big margins.

I actually think we will win. Especially if rumor is true of lsu's dt not playing. If you wanted to make it a more solid bet (if you think iowa will not get blown out), find another game to "tease" it with and take 13.5 points.

A freshman QB with preparation time and a good offensive line could do very well. It's not all on the QB. An excellent line will be required by the Tigers. I think us Haws are gonna have a tough time tomorrow, unless our defense can get the Frosh off the field and our offense can play mistake free.

Les likes to pound the rock. Get ready for a heavy dose of power running from LSU. If we start to stop it, look for play action. We'll have our hands full when they have the ball.

I took it. I was owed a little, so if the hawks win today, I am rolling it over to futures.
If I lose, its not my money anyway. If I win, I am heading to Pasadena next year with about a 15k budget.

Latest posts