Easley

Hawkfnntn

Anyone else glad this kid fell in our laps? Where would Iowas passing game be without him? He's exactly the 'Wes Welker' type of player most teams like to employ in the slot nowadays. It's easy to see why he dominated at the smaller school he was at. We've had smaller guys play WR but this is the first time we've used one like this. This guy is tough, quick has been an absolute life saver for an offense that's still trying to find itself.

Anyone else glad this kid fell in our laps? Where would Iowas passing game be without him? He's exactly the 'Wes Welker' type of player most teams like to employ in the slot nowadays. It's easy to see why he dominated at the smaller school he was at. We've had smaller guys play WR but this is the first time we've used one like this. This guy is tough, quick has been an absolute life saver for an offense that's still trying to find itself.

I couldn't agree with you more. On other boards I've seen comments like Easley will do until we find somebody faster and that just seems silly to me. He knows how to get open and helps us when the play doesn't go to him as well. He seems our rock in the receiving game as Vandeberg looks not 100% healthy and has made a few plays here and there but not as consistently as Easley. He and Smith-Marsette will make a great duo next season at WR when the offense becomes a little more settled. I like Kelton Copeland and think we have the right coaches now and the commitment to develop the passing game which we may not have had in the past. I liked all the receivers we signed and think some of the others will emerge later on in their careers.

I couldn't agree with you more. On other boards I've seen comments like Easley will do until we find somebody faster and that just seems silly to me. He knows how to get open and helps us when the play doesn't go to him as well. He seems our rock in the receiving game as Vandeberg looks not 100% healthy and has made a few plays here and there but not as consistently as Easley. He and Smith-Marsette will make a great duo next season at WR when the offense becomes a little more settled. I like Kelton Copeland and think we have the right coaches now and the commitment to develop the passing game which we may not have had in the past. I liked all the receivers we signed and think some of the others will emerge later on in their careers.
No doubt we've had plenty of 'faster' more touted athletes out there before. Yet this kid who's as green to our system as anyone else is playing really well and been Stanleys security blanket. There's no way we'd be even where we are without his play that's for sure

He is just one of many great players that went to Iowa Western. I am glad Kirk is finally looking at Iowa Western for players. The program contends or plays for national championships every year. It's a gold mine for talent. Go Reivers!

We are not Baylor or OK St, we don't need 5 guys who run a 4.3 to make our offense work (not that I wouldn't lobe to have them). We need guys that can run clean routes, know how to get open, and can catch the ball when it is thrown to them. Easley and MVB are faster than they appear, but the big thing is that they catch the ball more often than not when it is thrown to them.

We are not Baylor or OK St, we don't need 5 guys who run a 4.3 to make our offense work (not that I wouldn't lobe to have them). We need guys that can run clean routes, know how to get open, and can catch the ball when it is thrown to them. Easley and MVB are faster than they appear, but the big thing is that they catch the ball more often than not when it is thrown to them.

Depends on what your definition of "work" is. By some definitions, our offense works now. Having the players you say we don't need would make our offense work better, which everyone wants.

I am surprised. Admittedly, I thought he'd be another JUCO that ride the pines (that seems typical at Iowa). I would like to see his role change a bit. I'd like to see him switch roles with ISM on the bubble and tunnel screens (ISM is just more explosive) and I would like to see NE on way more crossing routes. He seems to have sure hands (though he and the rest have some drops this season) and I think he'd be more valuable with mid-range routes more consistently.

He catches almost every ball thrown his way, and blocks downfield very well. Back next year.

We had a really good slot receiver last year in McCarron who Obrien of the Texans gave a lot of props to. Riley worked hard and had a great senior year with and for the hawks. I hope he can find a team like the Patriots that just love to use that small quick slot guy.

If he went to ISU where would he even fit in at? They have a bunch of NBA power forwards playing receiver and the skinny former walk-on is a ex-track athlete that runs a 4.4 forty. It was a win-win for everyone around Iowa really needed him and ISU really didn't.

Having Easley helps a lot. I thought MVB would be a bigger factor. Not sure if his foot is big part of that or not. He had chemistry with CJB which probably plays a role in that as well.