Early Line: Iowa at MSU

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Ken Miller of KXNO, who also works for Cantor Gaming, posted on twitter that Iowa is +11.5 early line

Ken Miller of KXNO, who also works for Cantor Gaming, posted on twitter that Iowa is +11.5 early line

With Micah Hyde it might be a little high, without Micah it might be close. I do believe we will play respectably. I still remember the unsportsman like conduct last season in the fourth quarter when we were staging a comeback and a MSU player would fake a injury to stop the momentum and stagger off the field, only to come back in the next play and suffer another injury to stop play. I despise the Spartans win at any cost attitude plus their dirty play demonstrated over the years under Dantonio.....

With Micah Hyde it might be a little high, without Micah it might be close. I do believe we will play respectably. I still remember the unsportsman like conduct last season in the fourth quarter when we were staging a comeback and a MSU player would fake a injury to stop the momentum and stagger off the field, only to come back in the next play and suffer another injury to stop play. I despise the Spartans win at any cost attitude plus their dirty play demonstrated over the years under Dantonio.....

This is what I thought about while watching MSU against Indy. Players went down left and right in the first half. And I second your feelings on them.

I find your staging a comeback comment rather entertaining..

I think this sounds about right. I bet the game total settles about about 45. meaning Vegas thinks 28-17 or something close to that. I think that sounds fair.

Iowa is 4-16 Straight Up and 13-7 Against the Spread in their last 20 games as an underdog of 8+ points. Only one win in such scenarios following 2000; @ Penn State in '10 (or 1-10.)

NCAAF Spread | Sports Betting - Handicapping - Odds - Picks

Last edited:
I find your staging a comeback comment rather entertaining..

Perhaps you did not watch the same game as I did.....

Doesn't really matter how you viewed the game. I watched the game as I wished to......

Hope you can enjoy the remainder of the games......:)

My knee-jerk reaction is that's too high. Even without Micah their passing game is not the threat. Then I think their D, the Hawk's Offensive, the road,, their shenanigans & 12-0 or 16-3 is very plausible.

Perhaps you did not watch the same game as I did.....

Doesn't really matter how you viewed the game. I watched the game as I wished to......

Hope you can enjoy the remainder of the games......:)

Iowa was coming back. MSU was faking injuries. It was pretty clear

I think the spread is too low. Iowa has absolutely zero resemblance of any form of a passing game. Indiana at least does. It's light years ahead of Iowa's and was able to make MSU pay for it until MSU made adjustments in second half. If Indiana had any form of running game or defense they win. Iowa will meet their first true defensive test Saturday. If Iowa can't run the ball then this game turns into another beatdown.

I think the spread is too low. Iowa has absolutely zero resemblance of any form of a passing game. Indiana at least does. It's light years ahead of Iowa's and was able to make MSU pay for it until MSU made adjustments in second half. If Indiana had any form of running game or defense they win. Iowa will meet their first true defensive test Saturday. If Iowa can't run the ball then this game turns into another beatdown.

MSU made MSU pay for it. Indiana, had it not been for over 150 yards in MSU penalties, would have been blown out. As Indiana tried to hand the ball back to MSU, MSU would get a personal foul.

Total agreement, going to get ugly I'm afraid for lack of an effective passing game for Iowa.

Total agreement, going to get ugly I'm afraid for lack of an effective passing game for Iowa.

This week I think we'll actually have a passing game. However, I think Weisman does not score this week. I sure as heck hope i am wrong because I want nothing more than success for all the Hawkeyes.

But, again, if I was to guess- I think Iowa loses by 10- Michigan Sate gets a late FG to pull away after playing close all day. 20-10 maybe.

I think Weisman scores this week. And the Spartans won't be faking injuries after he runs over them and knocks them a$$ over appetite.

If this was at Kinnick, Hawks would be favored by 1. Playing at Kinnick is easily worth 12.5. Hawks cannot lose at KnickKnack

How long did we lose Micah? In any event unfortunately this game is going to be like Nebby last year in Lincoln. Our D will remain competitive and our Offense will languish under JVB who will complete about 50% of his passes after we are down by 20. 21-3 Sparty I'm afraid. They will load everyone in the box and shut Weisman down and JVB will miss people down field.

Latest posts