Eagles cut former Hawkeye McNutt

He doesn't have the speed to play on the outside or or strength/quickness to play the slot. Very good college played who won't make it in the NFL, nothing to be ashamed about, it happens to most of them.

He doesn't have the speed to play on the outside or or strength/quickness to play the slot. Very good college played who won't make it in the NFL, nothing to be ashamed about, it happens to most of them.

My guess is that he was struggling getting off press coverage, at that level you have to be able to get off the LOS quickly. He might get another opportunity or two and then probably he will have some decisions to make as to how long he wants to pursue a football career.

He wasn't very effective against the better teams in 2011. He didn't do much against Nebraska or Michigan. made a lot of hay against NW and Indiana though.

I read that Chip Kelly did away with the Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays that the Eagles used to have at their facility, sounds like it was a good time for McNutt to move on.

I read that Chip Kelly did away with the Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays that the Eagles used to have at their facility, sounds like it was a good time for McNutt to move on.

Gonna need those junk food days to beef up and become a tight end. The only way he'll be a successful receiver in the NFL.

The Bears need to pick him up. The Eagles are stupid for cutting him.

I love McNutt and hope nothing but the best for him. I'm sure he'll get signed on somewhere else. I'm also a huge Eagles fan, and this wasn't a stupid move. The Eagles just have much better options available. Marvin just isn't quick enough off the line and has a lot of trouble getting jammed when matched up vs. physical d-backs.

I love McNutt and hope nothing but the best for him. I'm sure he'll get signed on somewhere else. I'm also a huge Eagles fan, and this wasn't a stupid move. The Eagles just have much better options available. Marvin just isn't quick enough off the line and has a lot of trouble getting jammed when matched up vs. physical d-backs.

Eagles suck.

Big step in talent level to the pros; some Iowa players can make it, others can't. Unfortunately, Marvin was one of the latter. He likely was near the top of his abilities at Iowa with little room for growth.

Latest posts