Dylan Peters UNI

RACHawk

According to Andy Hamilton Dylan Peters committed to UNI tonight. Doug is doing a great job recruiting and has a really impressive class going.

I was hoping to get in-state kids Clark, Peters, Koethe, and Milkus for the Hawks. Could any insiders give me the chance the Hawks get the other three?

I think the chances of Iowa getting the other three is pretty good, but as more time passes I believe the chances of getting all three go down.

Miklus is not Iowa material. Maybe lower D1 but not high. I've seen him wrestle since he was little. I am not getting the love affair between Hawk fans and him.

Interesting that the kid went to UNI instead of the clowns. But maybe the clowns had not offered a scholarship because they are in on much better talent?

Interesting that the kid went to UNI instead of the clowns. But maybe the clowns had not offered a scholarship because they are in on much better talent?
I think most see UNI as having more upside than ISU now that Schwab is the head coach. He seems to be transforming the team in both attitude and top recruits. Will be great to see UNI excel in a couple of years.

To answer the original question I see Clark as a pretty sure bet and given our upper weight shortage I see Miklus as a pretty sure bet as well. Koethe I'm not so sure on as he fits into our area of need less than the others. I personally maybe like Alex Meyer the teamate of Clark and Miklus a bit more than Koethe at this point. With Peters off the market it is IMO critical they get Thomas Gilman to go along with Clark.

Miklus is not Iowa material. Maybe lower D1 but not high. I've seen him wrestle since he was little. I am not getting the love affair between Hawk fans and him.

He has always done very well through the youth ranks and even through some large jumps in weight over short time frames he has continued to do very well. Given that he is the best bigger weight prospect in the state and Iowa's huge need for a bigger weight wrestler a connection between he and the Hawks would seem pretty natural.

Thanks for all the responses, getting those three would be a huge coup imo, getting Gilman to go along with those three is almost a dream scenerio.

Gillman has said he likes the Hawkeyes. Dream scenario? really? I guess you do not dream for much...

First I did say "almost" And my dreams are based in reality. If you would add one or two more "bigs" to that list it is a dream scenario. I could just name off a bunch of blue-chippers but that is a fantasy and if I spend all my time hoping fantasies come true I am going to be dissappointed alot.

First I did say "almost" And my dreams are based in reality. If you would add one or two more "bigs" to that list it is a dream scenario. I could just name off a bunch of blue-chippers but that is a fantasy and if I spend all my time hoping fantasies come true I am going to be dissappointed alot.
RAC is right...I get disappointed a lot! That said, I'm trying to have more realistic expectations as I get older.

FWIW, I was disappointed when Iowa lost to PSU by 1 point at Big 10s, and I was equally disappointed in the 3rd place finish at Nationals. Iowa fans have reason to expect the best!

Latest posts