Dwight Reflects on DJK

It's kind of a lame article really.
TD acts as if he couldn't care less - maybe he can't.
Huge fan of his on the field... big non-fan of his off it like you say.
Seems a bit full of himself.

It's kind of a lame article really.
TD acts as if he couldn't care less - maybe he can't.
Huge fan of his on the field... big non-fan of his off it like you say.
Seems a bit full of himself.

My thoughts exactly. I love the "I've moved on from Iowa" but then turns around and says "it still dawns on me that I have records there". Kind of a D-bag thing to say. Not one of Iowa's best representatives class-wise. I love how guys like Greenway come back and make it a point to say they owe everything to Iowa.

I didn't think it was too bad, but overall there certainly wasn't anything spectacular about the article. Sometimes it's also difficult to tell how a person says something when it's in print, too.

I didn't think it was too bad, but overall there certainly wasn't anything spectacular about the article. Sometimes it's also difficult to tell how a person says something when it's in print, too.

Good point, Seattle. Like I said, maybe I'm a little bias as I don't care for him off the field.

Apparently I didn't read the same article that you guys did.

I don't remember the exact game, but I did see someone on tv interview him at Kinnick the last couple of years. So to say that he doesn't come back and represent Iowa is simply not true.

I've never seen him say anything d-baggish towards Iowa. If you have real evidence of this please let me know.

I'd rather have true Hawkeyes concerned with the team and not worried about meaningless personal records. But maybe that's just me.

He said this in the article..
"But both of these guys seem like they’ve got their head on straight, and they’re big-time players,†Dwight said. “I mean, look what they’re doing for their team. “It’s a lot of fun watching receivers; I wouldn’t say they’re carrying the team, but (they’re) making plays and being a force where you can’t just focus on one guy.â€

Sounds like he's saying the right things to me.

I've never met the guy. If he's really not a good Hawkeye you need some real proof, cause if you wanna bad mouth him you need more evidence then this.

Someone posted an interview video of his from when he was at Kinnick either last year or the year before and I thought he seemed pretty personable and interesting. I did find the first comments a bit off putting without the context of being able to TD say them. I'm interested in what specifically people have been turned off by off the field by him in the past.

Saying he's moved on doesn't mean that he's cast the university aside. That can easily mean he's just trying to not live in the past. Doesn't mean that he turns up his nose, it just means that he doesn't continue to let his career here define him.

It's not any different than me saying I've moved on from high school sports (it's not true, but it's the same principle).

Perhaps I'm misjudging the statement, but that's a possible explanation.

I love Tim Dwight. I sent him an Iowa jersey in the MAIL right after he returned the kick in the super bowl. He returned it signed, and paid for postage. I agree the article makes him look bitter but no one has represented the U of I better then Timmy D!

Saying he's moved on doesn't mean that he's cast the university aside. That can easily mean he's just trying to not live in the past. Doesn't mean that he turns up his nose, it just means that he doesn't continue to let his career here define him.

It's not any different than me saying I've moved on from high school sports (it's not true, but it's the same principle).

Perhaps I'm misjudging the statement, but that's a possible explanation.

Very well could be what he meant. I guess after what he said prior to, it kind of sounded like he doesn't pay attention or was another way of saying he's bitter about his record being broken. The whole "“I only played (receiver) for three years and didn’t have a whole lot of catchesâ€￾ sounded very much like an excuse.

I love Tim Dwight. I sent him an Iowa jersey in the MAIL right after he returned the kick in the super bowl. He returned it signed, and paid for postage. I agree the article makes him look bitter but no one has represented the U of I better then Timmy D!

That's pretty cool of him. Maybe it was just such a poorly written piece.

Someone posted an interview video of his from when he was at Kinnick either last year or the year before and I thought he seemed pretty personable and interesting. I did find the first comments a bit off putting without the context of being able to TD say them. I'm interested in what specifically people have been turned off by off the field by him in the past.

Good point. Hard to know w/o actually being there. As far as the off the field experiences, I just found him to kind of arrogant when I worked with him.

It sounded like sour grapes when I read it too. He subtly rips DJK down and then seems to think better of it and says they're fun to watch. Not buying it. I've met TD. He's a bit of a DB if you ask me. This seems in character.

The little bit I know about TD is that he was kind of prickish during his college years. Really though, can you blame him?

He was a great high school player, great college player and had a success in the NFL. The guy worked hard, had talent and went through every step of a great football career.

It seemed to me that the article was focused on what kind of NFL prospects DJK and McNutt have. After watching "Hard Knocks" and following football beyond the names of stars, I can see where TD is coming from. I think we as fans sometimes take for granted what kind of focus it takes to really succeed in professional sports. Granted, everyone who plays professional sports is extremely gifted. If you aren't one of the freakishly talented, you don't get to the upper echelon of sports without being very, very driven.

It has to be somewhat bittersweet for Tim to see his record go but he knew it would happen eventually.

I hope both of these guys have potential to be a Hawk we follow in the NFL for a while. Tim has a good point in talking about how much dedication it takes to do so. Someone asked him what he thought about it, he answered.

Let's hope DJK and Marvin have career in the NFL that is similar to Tim's. The more Hawks in the pros, the better of we are as fans.

Last edited:
It sounded like sour grapes when I read it too. He subtly rips DJK down and then seems to think better of it and says they're fun to watch. Not buying it. I've met TD. He's a bit of a DB if you ask me. This seems in character.

I met TD a couple years ago at a bar in Des Moines. I tried shaking his had and my friend bought a beer and slid it his way and TD said something along the lines of "i dont need youre ******* beer" and pushed it back... we didnt saying think to him about being Tim Dwight, just walked up and said hey, tried shaking his hand and then walking away so we wouldnt cause a scene and he was a major **** to us... he had a near empty beer so we figured, never leave a man thirsty, pass him a beer.

Sucked cause TD has always been one of my favorite Hawks. I dont hold it against him or anything, maybe he was having a bad day... but i've heard similar things about him from others.

wow just, wow. calling TD, a famous Hawkeye an arrogant ***** on the Iowa message boards says a lot about the class of Iowa. Even if he is a *****, why publicly post it for everyone to read. We got bigger fish to fry, Take Down the Badgers.

wow I didnt get the negative vibe at all. He is 13 years out of college and played in the NFL for a decade. He has moved on from his college glory years and he is still a supporter of the Hawkeyes.

I have a friend that while his National Guard unit was in Iraq, Tim Dwight and Turk Wendell came and visited the base. He said Tim Dwight and Wendell hung out with the Iowa National Guard unit there all night, and they had a blast. Dwight gave him 4 sweet tickets to the Hawks for a game when he got back.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Latest posts