dumb question

NCHawker

I don't follow basketball very closely. I see Iowa played in a 'big 4' thing with UNI, ISU and Drake. Iowa won and UNI won. I can't see anything about whether this is a tournament or if they just played in the same building and walked away. Will Iowa play winner of UNI/ISU?

It's a great idea that has totally fallen flat, imho. Each team played one game and went home. Should be a tournament, but isn't.

Not sure what it is. All I know is what it isn't.

Not sure. I saw a ton of empty seats during the Iowa game.:confused:

Yea that's what sucks about it. Not many ISU or UNI fans are going to want to sit through an Iowa Drake game. As far as making money goes, it does alright. But as far as creating a good atmosphere goes, not so much.

There have been enough threads on RPI that most everyone gets how it works. Drake is one of those teams we don't want to play...drag down our RPI. Last week we were in the mid 20s and now we're 34 after the win over Drake. And after what happened in our final game at UNI...Playing these 2 teams every other year on a neutral floor is enough IMO.

Should be a tournament.....don't get why it is not. So what if UNI and Drake play each other in conference or Iowa and ISU play an annual game. Would be great to make it into a tourney situation.

Question is Do Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles or University of Miami Hurricanes make tournaments out just because they're in Florida? How about UCLA Bruins or USC Trojans or San Diego State Aztecs play each other just because they're in California? Maybe John Miller knows more than me. Is it a dumb question ? Maybe?( Jon , excuse my spelling of your name).

Latest posts