DSJ/Moore

WildTurkey

So am i to understand that St John with 1 1/2 legs is better than a healthy Nick Moore? What exactly is wrong with Derek's Knee?

This will be like when M* wrestled with one leg. I am praying St John doesnt further injure himself!

I get on Six or seven wrestling forums a day just to see what's going on. When it comes to StJohn, I still don't know what to make of his injury. It's a sprained knee, torn cartlidge, partally torn ACL, bruised, strained ligaments, patellofemoral pain, patellar tendinitis, and, joint inflammation. If he can wrestle, then it's not that bad. None of this macho talk either. Let me reiterate, "If he can wrestle, then it's not that bad. Remember, I said, "IF "HE" can wrestle. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I get on Six or seven wrestling forums a day just to see what's going on. When it comes to StJohn, I still don't know what to make of his injury. It's a sprained knee, torn cartlidge, partally torn ACL, bruised, strained ligaments, patellofemoral pain, patellar tendinitis, and, joint inflammation. If he can wrestle, then it's not that bad. None of this macho talk either. Let me reiterate, "If he can wrestle, then it's not that bad. Remember, I said, "IF "HE" can wrestle. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
castille what are the forums you get on?

I assuming:
Themat.com
Hawkeyereport(its a good one)
Hawkeyeinsider.

What else?

Maybe he's just actually healthy NOW. People do recover 100% and still use a brace for protection! He was running Carver stairs after the MN meet. He'll limit the hesitation and be in the top 4 at nationals! Let's get the positivity flowing Hawks!!!!!!!

Wrestling Talk, Intermat, Wrestling Report, Blue and White Illustrated, Cyclone Fanatic.

Here is the post that 'Fulsaasfan' provided prior to the Wisconsin meet.
(Fulsaasfan is usually spot on in regard to the info he provides)

Re: Iowa vs Wisconsin live from Carver
Derek is doing ok but will not be anywhere near 100% this year. The plan is still to give him a shot this year though and see if he can "tough it out" and make it work. If he can handle the pain and still go I think he can still be an AA. He probably won't make finals like he could have at 100% but he can still be effective.

Additional info. provided by "Fulsaasfan" in regard to DSJ's knee injury.

Re: Iowa vs Wisconsin live from Carver
He will likely have surgery soon after the season and hopefully be back healthy by start of the season next year. He will miss some valuable time this off season though.

I was told it was a PCL tear when it happened and it was a ligament with good blood flow and it would heal itself unlike a ACL or MCL tear. My info could be off though.

the op asked if st. john on one and a half leg was better than moore. I have no clue what the answer is. we saw st.john last year wrestle when he was less than 100% and he got killed at midlands. moore didn't do anything to let people get confidence in him either though.

if st. john was done right now would he be eligible for medical redshirt?

the op asked if st. john on one and a half leg was better than moore. I have no clue what the answer is. we saw st.john last year wrestle when he was less than 100% and he got killed at midlands. moore didn't do anything to let people get confidence in him either though.

No, he wrestled too many matches and he wrestled too late in the year (at least that's what I've been told).

No. the percentage of matches you can wrestle that year is very low adn he would've been over that for sure when he got hurt. Not to mention, if you come back and compete after that injury it seals the deal on no medical redshirt.

to answer the original question i say DSJ for sure. Moore did nothing ever to excite me or show he could put a run together to score points at nationals. Now i don't feel good about a banged up DSJ, but at least he gives ya hope.

If StJohn has an MCL injury like icalumni said then it's either a grade 1 tear or grade 2 tear. If he was running carver stairs then it's not a grade 3 tear. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

If StJohn has an MCL injury like icalumni said then it's either a grade 1 tear or grade 2 tear. If he was running carver stairs then it's not a grade 3 tear. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Are you sure you didnt just sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

The guy who told me about his injury didn't tell me what grade but said its not a major MCL injury. Still, it's hampering him greatly. He expects surgery in the offseason to correct it.

A grade 1 and a grade 2 aren't the serious type. Grade 3 is the more serious. Very seldom do you have surgery on a mcl tear unless it's that bad. If it is then you at least need to treat it at least 2-3 months with crutches , knee brace, rubdowns, and no physical activitie, before it's decided that you do need surgery. Like I said, if he is running the steps in Carver then it can't be that bad. Trust me, actually, my son is the Doctor.

Latest posts