Drew Tate

One of the things I miss in sports are the CFL games that were televised on ESPN. In its infancy, ESPN used to broadcast several CFL games a week including the Grey Cup game.

I'd still rather watch a CFL game over many of ESPN's horrendous weekday matchups. The games were fun & entertaining. Though, I always had problems with the wide receivers running full speed toward the line of scrimmage prior to the snap.

Re: Tate Starting

When we won, he was "firey". When we lost, he was "throwing tantrums". :rolleyes:

This. I'm sick of people talking about his "tantrums". Were they lapses in judgement? Sure. But I can respect his burning desire to win, even if it occasionally had negative consequences. And nobody wanted to win more than Drew Tate.

One of the things I miss in sports are the CFL games that were televised on ESPN. In its infancy, ESPN used to broadcast several CFL games a week including the Grey Cup game. I'd still rather watch a CFL game over many of ESPN's horrendous weekday matchups. The games were fun & entertaining. Though, I always had problems with the wide receivers running full speed toward the line of scrimmage prior to the snap.

NFL Network has a CFL Game of the Week live every Saturday. The time varies (this week it's at 2 pm, next at 9 pm). No Drew on either week on my Directv guide though.

I love Drew Tate, the Hawkeye player...I could care less what he was like off the field and what everyone seems to know about him. And Jon makes a good point, these are still kids growing up and we like to criticize everything they do wrong. I was a big Tate supporter through the end, he wanted to win and that's what we all want. Sure he may have acted silly at times, but you knew what you were going to get from him every game. It's really a shame his sr season was hampered by that injury...wish it could've ended better for him. I do remember his last game though in the Alamo Bowl vs Texas and Colt McCoy, that's why he was so fun to watch.

Re: Tate Starting

When you make someones sig, you must be doing something right. Nothing wrong with raising expectations. If you don't think Iowa is a top 25 program annually since Hayden came in...well then okay.

As for Tate, never had a problem with his "tantrums"...always thought he just wanted to win period. Just wish he hadn't gotten hurt for his senior year.

That kid wanted to win, period. It was obvious that he expected to win, and that nothing less was acceptable to him...I personally loved it when he would rip his helmet off and throw a fit. I think most of the time he was just upset with himself. Easily one of my top 5 favorite Hawks...probably even number one depending on when you ask me. Give me Tate on game day anytime.

That kid wanted to win, period. It was obvious that he expected to win, and that nothing less was acceptable to him...I personally loved it when he would rip his helmet off and throw a fit. I think most of the time he was just upset with himself. Easily one of my top 5 favorite Hawks...probably even number one depending on when you ask me. Give me Tate on game day anytime.

I didn't prefer the "tantrums". I like a guy to appear a little more reserved when he's at QB, just kind of the nature of the position. But even if he didn't always show it in the best way, I loved the passion and competitive fire that fueled those "tantrums".

Latest posts