Drew Tate

pmchawk

Tate Starting

I heard on the radio this morning that Drew Tate will be getting his 1st professional start this next game.

Re: Tate Starting

Nice troll attempt.

Haha not trolling.

Tate's a dbag though, this coming from a guy who lived in IC when he was in town. I thought most Iowa fans felt the same way after all his childish tantrums on the field. Maybe not. No trolling meant. Just don't like the guy personally

I was as annoyed with Tate his senior year as everyone else, but looking back and getting some of the information as to what was going on.....it's really no surprise as to why he acted the way he did. Not saying he still should have, he needed more class and hopefully he's grown up a bit since then.

But I still consider him the best pure QB we've had in a long time. He's the last QB I can remember that didn't always throw to the primary WR. JC (when he could actually see over the OL), Stanzi, and JVB all seem to have that annoying trait.

I was hoping that JVB would have that same ability to go through his progressions, but so far not so much. I wonder if it's an KOK teaching thing????

Anyway, hopefully Tate can take advantage and show himself well.

I was as annoyed with Tate his senior year as everyone else, but looking back and getting some of the information as to what was going on.....it's really no surprise as to why he acted the way he did. Not saying he still should have, he needed more class and hopefully he's grown up a bit since then.

But I still consider him the best pure QB we've had in a long time. He's the last QB I can remember that didn't always throw to the primary WR. JC (when he could actually see over the OL), Stanzi, and JVB all seem to have that annoying trait.

I was hoping that JVB would have that same ability to go through his progressions, but so far not so much. I wonder if it's an KOK teaching thing????

Anyway, hopefully Tate can take advantage and show himself well.

Oh there's no doubt he was a VERY good QB. I think he was better at Iowa than Brad Banks. Never had quite the supporting cast Banks did his senior year though.

I was hopeful that Jantz was going to be our Tate but he hasn't played like it unfortunately.

Did Drew throw some fits at times? Yes. I think the majority of his frustration came with Iowa's insistence on running a controlled offense.

One thing you can never, ever question Drew Tate on was that he wanted to win very badly. I think most every one of his emotional exposures was from that spirit. He is arguably the biggest competitor this program has had.

He was also between the ages of 18-22.

I have had some interactions with Drew post-Iowa career, and he has matured a lot.

I wish him well with this opportunity...I certainly criticized him at times for a few of his emotional displays, but in hindsight, I know now the kid just wanted to win very badly.

I was as annoyed with Tate his senior year as everyone else, but looking back and getting some of the information as to what was going on.....it's really no surprise as to why he acted the way he did. Not saying he still should have, he needed more class and hopefully he's grown up a bit since then. .

Tate was injured on August 18th of his senior year, an abdominal muscle injury that plagued him the entire regular season.

Haha not trolling.

Tate's a dbag though, this coming from a guy who lived in IC when he was in town. I thought most Iowa fans felt the same way after all his childish tantrums on the field. Maybe not. No trolling meant. Just don't like the guy personally

Childish tantrums? Seemed to me that Tate was about the only guy on that team that gave a damn about winning.

Tate was a great QB. I'll never forget his work in 2004; unbelievable.

He also beat Iowa State 3 out of his 4 years, not that that matters.

Tate was a great QB. I'll never forget his work in 2004; unbelievable.

He also beat Iowa State 3 out of his 4 years, not that that matters.

We won 3 out 4 times Tate was on the team but he only started 3 of those games (2004, 2005 and 2006). He saw mop up duty in Ames in 2003 backing up Nathan Chandler.

nice numbers last week for Tate:
Tate, who went 19-28 for 263 yards and two touchdowns after spelling Burris in the second quarter against the Argos.

Haha not trolling.

Nope. Tate was a winner. Loved that firey attitude.

i've heard quite a bit of stories about the arrogence of Drew Tate, but i'll say that Tate was my favorite player. he could carry that team like no other player i've ever seen for the hawks (i'm under 30, so take that into account).

i'm sure he's matured and would do things different if he could, i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his past.

Over/Under on amount of times he throws a tantrum on the field is set at 4.5

Why are you here again? It's certainly not to defend your lowly Clowns from the slings and arrows of the nasty Hawkeye posters. Why don't you restrict your ignorant comments to the Clone boards where they will no doubt be appreciated.

Latest posts