Drake Play-In Game

Esteshawk

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if Drake got assigned to play Michigan St. In the play in game? I would enjoy watching Izzo squirming around in his seat during this. I'd put my money on Drake too.

Serious question to those that refer to the First Four as play in games. Were the 4 teams that competed last Wednesday in the BTT or trying to play their way into the BTT?

Serious question to those that refer to the First Four as play in games. Were the 4 teams that competed last Wednesday in the BTT or trying to play their way into the BTT?
The BTT is by definition every team knowing they will play in it at the end of the year—and some teams get a bye

If you’re going to call the play in teams “in the NCAA tournament” then you have to call that the first round and say there at 60 teams with a bye.

So technically Iowa has a bye and is automatically in the 2nd round....

The BTT is by definition every team knowing they will play in it at the end of the year—and some teams get a bye

If you’re going to call the play in teams “in the -NCAA tournament” then you have to call that the first round and say there at 60 teams with a bye.

So technically Iowa has a bye and is automatically in the 2nd round....
That is actually true. The NCAA technically calls it the 2nd round now.

One way to avoid confusion is refer to each round as the number of teams left.

You know,, just refer to each round as the round of 64, the round of 32, the sweet 16, elite 8, final 4, and the NCG.

Of course maybe they can come with better nicknames for the rounds of 64 and 32.

That is actually true. The NCAA technically calls it the 2nd round now.
This is from the NCAA website. I've never heard of it being called the 2nd round.

Not that it really matters...I still think they should just keep it 64 teams.

Capture.JPG

This is from the NCAA website. I've never heard of it being called the 2nd round.

Not that it really matters...I still think they should just keep it 64 teams.

View attachment 7665

There was a period where what we commonly refer to as play in games were the first round and the round of 64 was the second round, but the NCAA changed it back a few years ago.

I was just curious so I looked it up.

From 2011-2015, the "play-in" round when the first 4 was played was officially called the 1st round and the round of 64 was called the 2nd round.

In 2016 it was switched backed to call the round of 64 the first round.

Just can't get away from Bo Boroski

He just called a flagrant one on Drake

After spending a while at the replay video

Wtf What GIF - Wtf What Funny - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Yep, lots of fast quick high jumping athletes made for a tough defensive game.

Drake got the 3 ball going and WSU didnt, WSU looked like the worst 3 pt shooting team in the nation as many misses were way off

This performance is going to get me more points in their next game. I think Drake was a bundle of nerves in the 1st half.

Latest posts