Drake Hires Matt Gatens

It's good to learn the business from the ground up. That's what he's doing. There are 330 D-1 programs? That's 330 HCs, and 1600 AC positions, more or less. It takes time.

lol It looks like Gatens wasn't quite committed getting all the way into that frame. Good thing the guy had a wide angle. :D

And I believe it was his Pops who was shoveling the coal to get that train rolling out of River City.

I recall a time growing up, when Iowa, Iowa St. and Drake were perennial threats to be in "the Tourney" every year. One such, all 3 did and a headline [Register?] read: "Iowa: land of enchantment". Maybe Gatens can lead Drake back to the glory days past. Congrats Matt. Anybody got that headline?

Best luck to Matt. When I was just a little tyke Drake has quite the basketball program. Would love to see them return to greatness.

I like what DeVries has done so far. Honestly, he might be a legit coaching candidate for some power conference jobs in a year or two if he keeps it up. Drake is currently right there to be the second best team in the MVC this year. Only Loyola is currently ahead of them. The NET actually likes Drake the best so far. Pretty impressive considering he had to recruit almost an entirely new roster from the get go just for year 1.

upload_2019-1-3_10-47-49.png

Latest posts