Drake Hires Darian Devries

JG10Hawk

He was an assistant at Creighton for 17 years serving under both Dana Altman and Greg McDermott. Before that he played at Northern Iowa. Doug McDermott gave him a lot of credit in helping him develop his game while at Creighton. Yes, he is the brother of former Hawkeye All American and NFL DE Jared Devries.

Looks like Drake found their guy with Iowa ties that will stick around for at least a little while. Best of luck to him, he'll need it to take Drake dancing again.

Interesting hire. Never heard of him but sounds like he's been around awhile. He'll be around longer than 1 yr I'm sure but if he gets them goin the right direction Drake can't think he'll be around an entire recruiting cycle of 4 or 5 yrs I wouldn't think. Unless your just middle of the road OK as a team coaches are goin to use Drake as a stepping stone. They are what they are.

Also played against him in HS. Bro Jared fouled the crap out of me on a rebound once (and that was before he got fball big)

Hope he does well at Drake

Hope he does well, I would like to see Drake relevant again. It is fun to remind Cyclowns that Drake has been to a Final Four since ISU has.

Also played against him in HS. Bro Jared fouled the crap out of me on a rebound once (and that was before he got fball big)

Hope he does well at Drake
Glad you learned your lesson after the 1st time. What did you do on all the other rebounds? LOL JK !!! My future ex-wife was 1st cousins with coach Ed Thomas, and there were some BIG Boys that were pall bearers at his funeral.

Also played against him in HS. We all probably played against each other.

Love_Connection_1991.png