Drake, Ellingsen, Gatens and who might be next?

IMO Nunge will play more than Kriener and Pemsl next year whether Cook stays or not.
Depends on the game IMO. Pemsl and Kriener aren’t bothered by physical play...same with Moss and Cook. So they are going to play more minutes against MSU, PUR, RUT, etc.

I’ve mentioned before that I think Dailey should consider a RS next year. He could play more when the following year when that senior class is gone. But I suspect he will play whatever minutes he plays and go out with the guys he came in with.

I don’t know why anyone would leave in general. Some guys aren’t going to play as much as they would like. But the following year LOTS of minutes become available to the most deserving guys.

I'm sure Mike "Tree" Henry could have averaged double doubles at a place like Drake.

I'm sure he wouldn't trade his 1980 Final Four experience for the world.

How about Michael Morgan on the 1987 team?

These guys were happy to be Hawkeyes, relished the privilege, and led by example in practice, in the locker room, and in the classroom, knowing all along they were going to sacrifice playing time to younger players.

Those are true Hawkeyes in my book, and so are Maishe and Cordell regardless of how or where they finish.
EXACTLY! One could say the walk-ons could find a level where they could get more minutes or start as well, but these guys are HAWKEYE BASKETBALL PLAYERS with front row seats! Living the dream. I'd take it in a heart beat.

I don't see Moss playing anywhere else at the college level. He's either heading overseas or staying for one more year.

Dailey maybe. His minutes have decreased as the season has gone on. He only played 2 minutes yesterday and 7 minutes against Northwestern.

Pemsl thought about it last offseason. Who knows where he stands medically. Hard to see him wanting to leave with the way the program is trending now.

Fredrick is another one I'd keep an eye on. Hard to imagine him wanting to sit out another year by transferring though. Maybe he jumps Dailey in the offseason and that forces Dailey's hand?

Agree with all of this....not sure about Fredrick though. With all the seniors next year he could carve out a niche role (10ish minutes) and then have 3 years to contribute/start after that potentially at the 2-guard. Iowa gets thin at guard in a hurry once Bohannon/Moss are gone. Fredrick did report offers from Indiana and Penn State, so its not like he was a complete fallback recruit or anything....seems like he can really shoot

Dailey seems like the most obvious one. There will probably be a huge competition this offseason with Fredrick, Dailey and Toussaint. If Dailey falls behind them I assume he's long gone. I would love it if Toussaint can come right in and contribute, but a redshirt certainly wouldn't hurt either.

I don't see Moss playing anywhere else at the college level. He's either heading overseas or staying for one more year.

Dailey maybe. His minutes have decreased as the season has gone on. He only played 2 minutes yesterday and 7 minutes against Northwestern.

Pemsl thought about it last offseason. Who knows where he stands medically. Hard to see him wanting to leave with the way the program is trending now.

Fredrick is another one I'd keep an eye on. Hard to imagine him wanting to sit out another year by transferring though. Maybe he jumps Dailey in the offseason and that forces Dailey's hand?
Hopefully he passes Dailey. I suspect he will.

I could see Moss as a G Leaguer next year. Play lots of basketball, get some decent coaching, see if an NBA team calls him up.

Uthoff gave the G League two years, even played in a few NBA games but evidently realized it wasn't going to happen and finally went overseas.

Peter Jok is in his second G League season, gets good playing time this year, has some good games but not consistently but still hasn't got called up once by an NBA team. We'll see if he ends up overseas next year.

I just read where the Drake coach is the older brother of our own, Jared DeVries. That's pretty cool.

I could see Moss as a G Leaguer next year. Play lots of basketball, get some decent coaching, see if an NBA team calls him up.

Uthoff gave the G League two years, even played in a few NBA games but evidently realized it wasn't going to happen and finally went overseas.

Peter Jok is in his second G League season, gets good playing time this year, has some good games but not consistently but still hasn't got called up once by an NBA team. We'll see if he ends up overseas next year.

I just read where the Drake coach is the older brother of our own, Jared DeVries. That's pretty cool.
Moss will be a 5th year senior. If the NBA isn’t an option and he doesn’t think he’s an NBA player after another year he might opt to play G League or overseas. If he’s enjoying the seson and his teammates he might be interested in one more season. I have no idea...other than he opted for evaluation last year with zero chance of playing in the NBA.

Why is moss on this list? Do you not watch the games? The only one that should Transfer to a lower conference is kriener

Yea, I suppose Kriener should be on the list with the other three. Why is Moss on the list? Maybe it was after he had two straight scoreless games? Also, Moss did test the waters last year so he has already thought about leaving.

PS - I am officially part of the I hope none of them leaves group. I just have a feeling Fran will show one or two of them the door, with a positive spin on all sides, before next year to open up some minutes for other guys

I think we’re splitting hairs here. Moss starts and almost certainly isn’t transferring. But he could leave after 4 years at Iowa to play for money somewhere.

I doubt Kriener is going anywhere. But who knows the pecking order with Nunge, Patrick and Pemsl...especially if Cook were to return. Kriener would put up big numbers in the MVC IMO.

Another factor in the big picture is it is clear Tyler Cook is not ready for the NBA. I'm not convinced he'll ever have an NBA game. I believe we can assume he down deep knows this as well. So, does he still bolt, give it his best shot, maybe go to the G League, maybe overseas? My guess one of these is what happens. Still, there is an outside chance he stays for another year. He still needs work on his defense, ball handling, rebounding, and outside shot. Would another year at Iowa help?

It will be an interesting off season to see how the roster situation plays out. I still see at least one transferring out.

Why is moss on this list? Do you not watch the games? The only one that should Transfer to a lower conference is kriener

I wish Kriener hadn't missed that one-footer the other night but he's at least back-up worthy in the B10. Dailey probably should consider going to a lower level conference, yes.

IMO Nunge will play more than Kriener and Pemsl next year whether Cook stays or not.
Agree. He's gotten bigger and stronger this year I've heard. He's got more skills to offer than those two. He'll be first big off the bench if Cook comes back if not he'll be starting with Garza

Dailey I could see making a move like that. I don't know a thing about the CJ Frederick kid. I doubt he'd RS and then leave prior to next yr that'd be kinda weird. He'll see how next yr goes and after that with Moss gone he should have plenty of PT available. I would have thought Pemsl too but not now. I think he's going to ride out his time at Iowa. Not basing that on anything but a guess...

Dailey would be a star at Drake and step right into the role that Ellingson fills now. He is as tall as anyone on next year’s Drake team except for Robbins, the 7’ backup center, so he could showcase his versatility playing the 2,3 and 4 if necessary.

Just depends on if what he wants is more minutes, more shots and more responsibilities vs staying with the guys he came in with.

Pemsl would excel at Drake, too, but seems so much more of a lifelong Hawkeye. Plus, who knows what condition that knee is in and with the U of I hospital/staff right next door, it might be better for him to be in Iowa City.