Draft Coverage (ESPN)

RACHawk

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but here is a great run-down of yesterdays draft coverage by ESPN.

LINK

ESPN was uncomfortable to watch. Steve Young was awful, and he talked non-top over and around everyone. There is no reason for him to be there. Tell Berman to simply be the host and stop giving his opinions. Let Mel Kiper talk about the players and their strengths and weaknesses. Have Gruden and Jackson discuss the needs of the NFL teams and how a player might help. And get Steven Young off the stage. ESPN needs to clearly define some roles.

I liked when they were showing Tim Tebow (and Family) live and you could hear the panel in backround saying "who's pick is it?" even though Teboe was clearly putting a Bronco's hat on.

ESPN was uncomfortable to watch. Steve Young was awful, and he talked non-top over and around everyone. There is no reason for him to be there. Tell Berman to simply be the host and stop giving his opinions. Let Mel Kiper talk about the players and their strengths and weaknesses. Have Gruden and Jackson discuss the needs of the NFL teams and how a player might help. And get Steven Young off the stage. ESPN needs to clearly define some roles.

This is no different than any NFL show on ESPN. Their pregame show is a disaster because they have 38 "analysts" who talk over eachother to get airtime. The draft should consist of Mike Tirico hosting with Kiper and McShay breaking down players & Mort/Schefter talking rumors. Boom

I agree with Drew. Young is awful, he interrupts everyone and if they try to cut in just talks louder. They need to get rid of him. Tom Jackson brings nothing to the table. I would like to see Kiper, Gruden, Jaws, and Tirico instead of the horrible Berman. Gruden needs to tone it down though. I enjoy NFL Networks coverage more but and I might be in the minority on this, I still prefer Kiper to Mayock. I think he knows more about the players and he sticks to his opinions.

You beat me to the Tirico thing basabus, I like your set up with the exception on Mort. he is wrong on his rumors 90% of the time.

A--FREAKING--MEN! This is spot on. The broadcast was such a train wreck it was actually (uncomfortably) enjoyable to watch.

I agree with Drew. Young is awful, he interrupts everyone and if they try to cut in just talks louder. They need to get rid of him. Tom Jackson brings nothing to the table. I would like to see Kiper, Gruden, Jaws, and Tirico instead of the horrible Berman. Gruden needs to tone it down though. I enjoy NFL Networks coverage more but and I might be in the minority on this, I still prefer Kiper to Mayock. I think he knows more about the players and he sticks to his opinions.

You beat me to the Tirico thing basabus, I like your set up with the exception on Mort. he is wrong on his rumors 90% of the time.

He's always wrong but rumors are fun. Actually, the best crew would be what i listed but insert Jay Glazer for Mort/Schefter. Glazer breaks more stories than anyone in the biz

Berman acted like it was his first time in front of a camera. Young is a chatter box......bet he is fun to argue with at home. Gruden, Kiper and Tom Jackson along with Tirico would be a good listen. They also need to stop showing the pick before it is made, takes away the fun for it for me. Showing the kid that is on the phone is lame, might as well put a picture of three guys on the screen to keep people guessing.

Latest posts