Doyel again: Iowa player's kidney function below 40%

I would also be interested in knowing if (the player's) kidney function is currently 40% or if it was 40% when he was admitted.

did it prove to be true?
The connection to Wayne morgan and ISU proved to be nothing. It was nothing more than ISU paying a company to schedule non con games. There are some grey areas with other schools getting players for games etc but nothing was ever proven through a NCAA investigation.

This is typical Doyel. He will throw fuel on the fire to get things worked up but when he needs to prove something he will hide behind his "I am a columnist not a journalist tag."

It is like doing a connect the dots that has 100 dots but stopping at the 85th dot. It looks like you have something but in the end you don't have crap. That is Doyel

Just for arguments sake, if you were not from Iowa and say another state, I doubt you would call the Des Moines Register. I do agree that Doyel is an idiot though and I wouldn't believe a word he says.

The reason I mentioned the DMR is because that seems to be who most of the other news services (non-local) are getting their info from (it certainly isn't because I have any respect for DMR) and it woudl probably spread most quickly from there...

The connection to Wayne morgan and ISU proved to be nothing. It was nothing more than ISU paying a company to schedule non con games. There are some grey areas with other schools getting players for games etc but nothing was ever proven through a NCAA investigation.

This is typical Doyel. He will throw fuel on the fire to get things worked up but when he needs to prove something he will hide behind his "I am a columnist not a journalist tag."

It is like doing a connect the dots that has 100 dots but stopping at the 85th dot. It looks like you have something but in the end you don't have crap. That is Doyel

Sounds about right.

That Carl Winslow look alike was a ****** basketball that ISU was looking for any reason to fire. When your coach's next job after a coaching at BCS level school is selling air conditioners, that should tell you what kind of a coach you had.
Don't disagree with that at all. And he sells satellite TVs not air conditioners. just pointing out that Doyel made wrongfull accustaions and at the time it was the straw that broke the camel's back

That Carl Winslow look alike was a ****** basketball coach that ISU was looking for any reason to fire. When your coach's next job after a coaching at BCS level school is selling air conditioners, that should tell you what kind of a coach you had.

He was a ****** coach. No doubt. But he didn't sell air conditioners

The University of Iowa is obviously very concerned about the health of these young men and logically would not want to take further risks to their health. As far as insurance companies letting the players stay in the hospital, do you seriously think the University of Iowa, of which the hospital is a part, would give a rip what an insurance company wants to do when the potential liability of making a mistake is huge? None of us know how sick these kids are, but the University of Iowa is going to keep them under observation until they know there is no more danger.

If in fact all 13 players are suffering from Rhabo (which i will beleive when i see reported) it would almost have to a source greater than multiple tough workouts.

+1

Yeah, it just seems odd that all 13 would be suffering unless there is something else involved, especially since they weren't in the same sessions/times/etc...

The University of Iowa is obviously very concerned about the health of these young men and logically would not want to take further risks to their health. As far as insurance companies letting the players stay in the hospital, do you seriously think the University of Iowa, of which the hospital is a part, would give a rip what an insurance company wants to do when the potential liability of making a mistake is huge? None of us know how sick these kids are, but the University of Iowa is going to keep them under observation until they know there is no more danger.

+1

Besides, these kids aren't there under an insurance plan - medical care falls under their scholarship and, I would guess, is funded either by the AD or the school general fund...

Last edited:
ZAB35 Zachary Austin Boyd

@greggdoyelcbs your from Ohio? Stop worrying about Iowa.

implied_facepalm.jpg

Besides, these kids aren't there under an insurance plan - medical care falls under their scholarship and, I would guess, is funded either by the AD or the school general fund...

Actually, according to the UI page...

Health Insurance Requirement for First-Year Students
Beginning with applicants enrolling for summer 2008, all new first year students enrolled with 5 or more semester hours will be required to have health insurance coverage for the entire time they are students at Iowa. For more information please go to these web links:

So would that mean most of these guys would have standard student health insurance?

Or is their health insurance picked up by the athletic department?

Actually, according to the UI page...

So would that mean most of these guys would have standard student health insurance?

Or is their health insurance picked up by the athletic department?

I'm pretty sure I have seen that U of I ahtletic department picks up special insurance for all of their scholarship athletes...

I'm pretty sure I have seen that U of I ahtletic department picks up special insurance for all of their scholarship athletes...

Thanks, I was kind of curious about that, actually...

As for the OP...

Kidney function
UK National Kidney Federation - Calculating Kidney Function

It really depends on if that number is going down, I suppose. It's not good to have a kidney function of 40%, but it's not like he's dead if he does.

I beg to differ.

I have been taking people to the hospital for a living for about 20 years...trust me, you would be quite surprised how little it takes to qualify for a ride and admittance to a hospital. However, I suspect that fact has very little to do with this situation.

At least Doyel is doing some reporting today. That I can respect. I'd like to see an article with a mix of parent reactions, though, not just the angry one who called you.

Latest posts