down the stretch and Olaseni

hwkfans

doesnt it fell like iowa seems to crack under the pressure in a high profile type game?

also, where did olaseni go the whole second half? he was the best defender/rebounder and got some points tonight.

Unfortunately Marble was 6-12FT.. if he makes two at the end of regulation instead of 1 - we win in regulation

Olaseni is more athletic, contributes more in rebounds, blocks and generally just has more upside... he needs more minutes.

Agreed...Nova would have played the last possession differently had Marble made two. That being said, in a big game, 6-12 is not good and really hurt the team. He needs to get his touch at the line...he's putting a fork in it at the end of his stroke and clanging it off the back iron.

QUOTE=WinOneThisCentury;1219731]Agreed...Nova would have played the last possession differently had Marble made two. That being said, in a big game, 6-12 is not good and really hurt the team. He needs to get his touch at the line...he's putting a fork in it at the end of his stroke and clanging it off the back iron.[/QUOTE]

Si Senor, I agree - free throws were a problem tonight. It's Hard Enough To Compete With One Team Per Game, But take It From The Refs At The Same Time. Hard To beat both.

Last edited:
Did anybody notice woody was perfect on the floor with 3-3 and an and 1 for 7 points in 15 minutes of play? He had a sneaky decent night when he was on the floor.

Did anybody notice woody was perfect on the floor with 3-3 and an and 1 for 7 points in 15 minutes of play? He had a sneaky decent night when he was on the floor.

And then he hardly played in the 2nd half and definitely didn't work to get him the ball.

Seemed like a missed opportunity with Nova playing small ball.

I still feel good about this team and it's potential. As usual we have our typical overreaction after a loss, but there are definitely some things we need to work on to get better and areas where guys have stepped up.

Getting the ball off the defensive boards continues to be a work in progress. I'm to the point where I'd like to see a week of practice devoted to blocking out. Closing out games was an issue last year and still needs major work. I hate to single out anyone, but White has been a bit of a turnover machine this year. I know he can do better. He may be one of those guilty of trying to do too much.

On the plus side there has been some improvement in defending the dribble drive IMO and the inside defensive play makes it a less attractive option when the big guys are in the game. Both bigs have made an improvement in their offensive games. Woody has made major progress at the free throw line. Mike seems to be feeling better and his play is picking up. His assist to turnover number is great. JU has a better game then I thought he did and I think will be more aggressive as the season wears on. McCabe has been huge. The posts calling him a wasted scholarship have long disappeared. Sapp continues to be solid and is playing a larger role then I thought he might. I keep looking for Basabe to have a game where he explodes. He's been solid but has the ability to be more. You have to love Jok's upside, but he's definitely a wine before his time.

This is an exciting team, filled with kids who like each other, and they are playing a fun style of ball. We don't have elite talent, but when we play as a unit we're capable if beating anyone. Most of our weakness I really think we can overcome, but a 4th place finish in the league is about where we'll find ourselves. If we get some things fixed quickly we could be better, but we're making progress and interest is back where it should be.

And then he hardly played in the 2nd half and definitely didn't work to get him the ball.

Seemed like a missed opportunity with Nova playing small ball.

I like Fran but sometimes his substitutions leave me baffled... however in his defense we have so many guys that can play its difficult.

I like Fran but sometimes his substitutions leave me baffled... however in his defense we have so many guys that can play its difficult.

I never questioned Fran in his 3 seasons at the helm, but this game there were numerous times I was shaking my head. Leaving White in for most of the second half when he clearly wasn't himself after taking two shots to the face was questionable. Yes he hit a big three but he also airballed 2 or 3 shots that I can remember. Then there was not playing our big guys in the second half. I think it might of helped with rebounding their misses, and just giving a few of our guys a needed rest.

But we all make mistakes, I think Fran won't make these mistakes again.

Gosh, if only I was a basketball genius like some of you guys. I know for a fact if you guys were coaching the Hawks would NEVER lose a game.

Latest posts