Down go the Zags

Looks like our spot in the tourney just got taken! Seriously tho, that does make the bubble a bit stronger.

Bubble spot just got sucked up, if Iowa is thinking about laying a terd on Thursday may want to reconsider....

Iowa shouldn't be worried, but lose to Illinois or NW and might be cause to. Of course if it happens Fran will just say what a tremendous accomplishment it was to be invited to the BTT

Well Indiana and Ohio State can't both win their game on Thursday. And 16-15 Texas has drawn Kansas in the Big 12 tourney.

That's just two examples of teams that will be sweating worse than Iowa on selection Sunday. I'm sure there are more. A lot more would have to happen to knock Iowa out. A lot more.

If there is any knock on Iowa it's that we played a conference schedule similiar to Nebraska last year. Of the top six teams in the conference other than Iowa we played four of them only once. The bottom seven teams we played five of them twice. So those who are insisting on sweating it out have that I guess.

Iowa shouldn't be worried, but lose to Illinois or NW and might be cause to. Of course if it happens Fran will just say what a tremendous accomplishment it was to be invited to the BTT

Lol, a good chuckle is good for the soul.

Well Indiana and Ohio State can't both win their game on Thursday. And 16-15 Texas has drawn Kansas in the Big 12 tourney.

That's just two examples of teams that will be sweating worse than Iowa on selection Sunday. I'm sure there are more. A lot more would have to happen to knock Iowa out. A lot more.

If there is any knock on Iowa it's that we played a conference schedule similiar to Nebraska last year. Of the top six teams in the conference other than Iowa we played four of them only once. The bottom seven teams we played five of them twice. So those who are insisting on sweating it out have that I guess.

The have been sports analysis the indicate Iowa had the weakest in conference schedule. What you pointing out seems to back that up.

I think their in even if they lose their first game in the BTT. I hope the do well in the BTT and the NCAA. It’s is so much fun to be one of the teams that advances to the field of 16.

From Jay Bilas column on ESPN.

“The selection committee might have no choice but to select average teams to fill out the 36 at-large spots and to do so with teams that have lost 15 or 16 games. In other words, it might have to pick teams that are just not very good.”

Iowa is in.

“One thing is for certain: There will be bad teams in the field this season. Selection is not that important, given just how bad the bubble is. Seeding is everything this season.”

But our seed is slipping. This is the legitimate concern.

I think we're 97% for sure in. But our calling card is that we only have one bad loss, whereas bubble teams have 2 or 3 bad losses. Well, lose tomorrow night and that'll be two bad losses plus 0-5 to close...

I think we're 97% for sure in. But our calling card is that we only have one bad loss, whereas bubble teams have 2 or 3 bad losses. Well, lose tomorrow night and that'll be two bad losses plus 0-5 to close...
As of now NW is a Quad 2 game and IL is a Quad 3 game. Many want to talk about our past BTT struggles. I think it makes more sense to look at our current team. We have zero losses outside of Quad 1 with Fran coaching the team. We are 3-0 on neutral courts. So Iowa has to do something it hasn’t done all year...lose a non Quad 1 game on a neutral court with Fran coaching the team.

I know PC. You are going to be mad at me if we lose.;)

From Jay Bilas column on ESPN.

“The selection committee might have no choice but to select average teams to fill out the 36 at-large spots and to do so with teams that have lost 15 or 16 games. In other words, it might have to pick teams that are just not very good.”

Iowa is in.

“One thing is for certain: There will be bad teams in the field this season. Selection is not that important, given just how bad the bubble is. Seeding is everything this season.”

But our seed is slipping. This is the legitimate concern.

I think one of the major "problems" is the Pac-12 is just ridiculously bad this year. They normally would get 6-8 teams in and this year they're only projected to get 2 teams...at most. So there's this huge underwhelming pool to choose from.

This is a good thing for the B1G really. The mediocre teams like iowa, ohio state, minnesota and indiana (if they make it) should get some easier first round matchups than they normally would