Dowling beats City High 38-31

looks like Iowa City learned from the big boys how play defense in the 4th quarter with the game on the line

looks like Iowa City learned from the big boys how play defense in the 4th quarter with the game on the line

images

Reminiscent of last years Dowling/Marshalltown game when Dowling failed to get the stop they needed, or the Hawks last week. City High moved Dowling's front 4 around for the first 3 qtrs as well as toyed with Dowling's LBs in coverage. Glad to see the alma mater win their first title since I was in school there, makes me feel old...

Yeah, sabers did the dumbest thing he could of done with the lead late in the 4th, went for it on citys side of the 50. PUNT. THE. Ball.

I could have seen going for it with 4th and </= 4. But 4th and 8, when Dowling has a kicker that made one from 60 in warmups?

I don't know any of the players' names, but City High needed to do more to get #23 the ball in space. Their QB needed to look for him more, too. City left 2 TD's out there because the QB locked onto a receiver (why it wasn't #23 that he'd look to first is beyond me), and #23 was WIDE OPEN. He was torching his man when he'd be split out. Easily looked like City's best player.

Nice job Maroons, sounds like it was a great game. East side of the state what.........? Maybe that can be put to rest for a while. 6 of the last 10 champions have come from either WDM Dowling or WDM Valley. 2 from Bett, 1 from City and 1 from Cr Xavier.

Look for WDM Valley to dominate again soon. They have a freshman QB named Dakota Miller, and a lights out tailback named Tyus Mason who they already moved up the soph team. These kids won every tourney they entered while playing WDM little all pro. WDM Jaguars!

Look for WDM Valley to dominate again soon. They have a freshman QB named Dakota Miller, and a lights out tailback named Tyus Mason who they already moved up the soph team. These kids won every tourney they entered while playing WDM little all pro. WDM Jaguars!

Valley = too many cake eaters to be consistently good.

Latest posts