new Coach in GD OC/QB KOK gone
Kaz is gone Reese Morgan moves to the DL from the OL to replace him
Norm Parker Retired Phil Parker replaces him
new coach Brian Ferentz OL
new coach LaVarr Woods LB
Eric Johnson moves from RC/TE coach moves to RC/Assistant DL coach
GA Raih moves from GA QB/OC TE GA coach
the LB coach name escapes me moves to DB coach
that's quite the change... people want improved recruiting they have it.. since 2010 the 2* recruits have dropped from 12-14 per year to just 5 2* per year
the 3* recruits have gone to a avg of 14-15 per year
4* recruiting has settled in at a minimum of 4 per year,..
this is showing up this season with all the young 4* talent starting or being backups

4* OL Blythe RSFR his backups being 4* RSSO Donnal and 4* Walsh
4* TE true JR CJF backup true SO Hamilton
4* DT RSFR Cooper backing up Bigach
4* S Law by Scout backup to Donatel
that's 7 this year ang the good news is that DT Johnson, Ekakitie, Fleming a 4* on ESPN and Ward a Army AA are all RS this season.. based on that I can't understand how fans can say we are in for a multitude of bad seasons..

Ferentz is still the head coach, and I don't see him getting rid of Davis after this season. Parker's defense has shown me nothing to get excited about. We do have some young talent, but it certainly isn't translating into wins, and this coaching staff is holding us back in a big way. This team and coaching staff suck plain and simple. I haven't been this negative and down about Iowa sports since Todd Lickliter basketball.

Hey OP, have you watched the Iowa Hawkeye football team in action this season? 'Cause it sure doesn't seem like it.
Stop trying to justify the incompetence that pervades the program. It's not acceptable. The buck starts and stops with Ferentz, and he ain't cutting the mustard in any phase of his (very highly compensated) job.

didn't realize those youngsters were to play like 5th year seniors
and with that many changes to the coaching staff there should have been problems expected..
losing to ISU, PSU and NW are not bad losses. just a short time ago ISU was ranked 24TH in the BCS poll. PSU has 18 SR's in the 2 deeps with a lot of Pride to play for.. NW is 7-2 and was the 1st team in the BT to be bowl eligible, the only really bad loss was to CMU.
unless you expewcted this team to go undefeated this season has just about gone the way I expected.
next season and beyound is looking better. Ican't help you with your overbloated expectations of just how good this years team is.
this years team and last season team we are feeling the results of Bad recruiting in 2008-09 and the loss of players to Rhabdo what was 12-13 or 14 players? Iowa does not have the talent to survive that type of hit

didn't realize those youngsters were to play like 5th year seniors
and with that many changes to the coaching staff there should have been problems expected..
losing to ISU, PSU and NW are not bad losses. just a short time ago ISU was ranked 24TH in the BCS poll. PSU has 18 SR's in the 2 deeps with a lot of Pride to play for.. NW is 7-2 and was the 1st team in the BT to be bowl eligible, the only really bad loss was to CMU.
unless you expewcted this team to go undefeated this season has just about gone the way I expected.
next season and beyound is looking better. Ican't help you with your overbloated expectations of just how good this years team is.
this years team and last season team we are feeling the results of Bad recruiting in 2008-09 and the loss of players to Rhabdo what was 12-13 or 14 players? Iowa does not have the talent to survive that type of hit

Suppose you are right and youngsters aren't supposed to be as good. Of course one of your youngins turned 21 recently (Wiesman).

Suppose you are correct. What does the dean of Big1G coaches need to reload after several already mediocre seasons? Doesn't a long turn successful coach who is akin to a 5th year senior...have the experience NOT to have to reload 2x? Or was is 3x? Is mediocrity and sub mediocrity really the norm?

Dean of B1G coaches with a 60 yo offensive coordinator with lot's of national experience with a 5th year senior qb......Do they call and try to succeed at low success rate passes to end the game?

they wanted changes made in coaching.. they got it
that's quite the change... people want improved recruiting they have it.. since 2010 the 2* recruits have dropped from 12-14 per year to just 5 2* per year
this is showing up this season with all the young 4* talent starting or being backups

that's 7 this year ang the good news is that DT Johnson, Ekakitie, Fleming a 4* on ESPN and Ward a Army AA are all RS this season.. based on that I can't understand how fans can say we are in for a multitude of bad seasons..

Redhawk, you are really gonna make people mad with this perfectly sensible, accurate, well thought out response. As Mark Twain so wisely put it, "There is nothing more irritating than a good example."

Thank you.

The OP is correct...love it when people post facts. Stay positive and stay classy.

What the OP and others wearing blinders are not perceiving is that the same coaching level problems continue to exist year after year. Very poor clock management, overly tentative in-game decision making, complete lack of creativity, highly simplistic schemes, bewildering player management, unprepared players for various game situations, and awful/inconsistent special teams play.
The interesting thing is...all of these things have existed throughout The Ferentz tenure. It's just that the past few years it seems much worse as Iowa has a major talent and leadership void. Many of these flaws were effectively masked when Iowa had NFL caliber talent on the field.

Additionally, add to the above pervasive nepotism of staff and inexplicable redshirt management of players. Oh, and of course, very poor recruiting.

See...the issues just keep popping out.

Both coordinator hires were incredibly weak. Other candidates seemed much better at the time, and now you can see they were indeed better.

they wanted changes made in coaching.. they got it

The problem is that most of the fans on this forum are too young or not educated football fans. Fact.

You don't understand fans? Let me break it down for you - they want to be entertained and they want to win. Iowa is neither winning a lot or entertaining this year. Hence, meltdown central.

The problem is that we can make all the personnel changes in the world, but it's the schemes and game planning that sucks. That's why a lot of people are disappointed. While the coaches played musical chairs nature of the beast stayed the same. What's so hard to figure out.

Latest posts