Don't Give Up on this Team

Who the hell is giving up? The little bit of the game I saw was a effing mauling when we had the ball and some good play by MSU.
There is a lot more bumps in the road to come but I can't even tell you how much better it is to watch this team than Lick's versions.

They lost to two great teams. They will learn from it, and I'm hopeful there are more great moments ahead

The future is bright. Hell I'm thrilled we have 2 B1G wins at this point. I was sure we'd start conference play 0-7.

They need more support on the way up than they do when they are finally good.

Its tough, man. Big time ups and downs here. It just appears more evident that we can't compete against the upper tier programs. Both WI and MN shot horrible against us and those W's look like more and more like flukes.

It's just dissapointing and 100% embarassing to get handled like this.

we are in sole possession of 7th place and we have played most of the difficult part of our schedule already. if we can finish 7th in the big 10 ill be very happy

This next practice will be very important. Fran will get these guys back on track.

LOL that the next practice is so important. That said, there should be no reason to panic right now. As others have said, the buzz saw is nearly through. OSU and Michigan State can simply do things that the other Big Ten teams cannot do.

I'm not giving up on this club, but I think what frustrates me the most is the lack of toughness and competitiveness when things aren't going well. I think you saw that type of frustration in Caff after he got T'd and was in the face of all his guys. When you are struggling, which this club tends to do for long stretches in games, it's about valuing possessions, getting back on defense, rebounding and all the little things. All that adds up to toughness and competing through adversity. This club doesn't have that right now.

Still impressed Iowa got 2 road wins. Thought they would not win a Big Ten game until Nebraska. If Iowa can come back and look like a team against more middle of the pack Big Ten teams, than all is not lost.

That said, Iowa looked very pathetic the last 2 games and I wish they could have been a bit more competitive against MSU and OSU (despite how good they are).

It was so obvious Fran was going to get that T once the game started to get ugly in the first half. He does NOT like getting embarressed! I wouldn't want to make him mad. lol

They need that mentality it's not okay to get drubbed no matter who you are playing.

I am excited about Hawkeye basketball right now! Fun to watch this whole process play out IMO!

I'm not giving up on this club, but I think what frustrates me the most is the lack of toughness and competitiveness when things aren't going well. I think you saw that type of frustration in Caff after he got T'd and was in the face of all his guys. When you are struggling, which this club tends to do for long stretches in games, it's about valuing possessions, getting back on defense, rebounding and all the little things. All that adds up to toughness and competing through adversity. This club doesn't have that right now.

You play with fire when you play fast with a fast team. When you are the less talented of the two teams it will be tough to keep up with the elites in the conference.

That was the one thing Lick had going for him. He recruited horrible players but he tried to limit possessions which kept games somewhat close. It also meant that the blowouts during his era were especially bad due to the low possessions throughout the game.

Fran is bringing in the athletes to eventually keep up in games such as these. Michigan State is one of the hottest teams in the country right now.

LOL that the next practice is so important. That said, there should be no reason to panic right now. As others have said, the buzz saw is nearly through. OSU and Michigan State can simply do things that the other Big Ten teams cannot do.
Both OSU and the Spartans could end up in the final four.....

Latest posts