Don't Contact Recruits Via Facebook or Twitter

Whats to prevent a a rival fan from doing this? There is NO way in Hell this could be enforced. I can see some clown fan posing as a hawk fan and twittering the daylights out of a recruit. It is uninforceable.

hmmmmmmm

:D

Let me get this straight.

players father requesting 180k payout = not a violation
tweeting a recruit = violation
lying to NCAA about communicating with players 'advisors' = not a violation
friending someone on facebook = violation

Do I have that right?

Let me get this straight.

players father requesting 180k payout = not a violation
tweeting a recruit = violation
lying to NCAA about communicating with players 'advisors' = not a violation
friending someone on facebook = violation

Do I have that right?
Pretty much. NCAA idiocy at it finest...

So apparently it is already Coach Ferentz's responsibility to follow his players around Iowa City to make sure they don't drink under the legal age, pretty soon he might be expected to babysit all of the pathetic fans that stalk his recruits. It's a sad world we live in sometimes. Some things just can't be controlled, but the NCAA doesn't specialize in common sense. They have made some head-scratching decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something stupid here.

The only legit penalty for this would be forcing the stalker to reveal his identity and tell the public how pathetic his life is so he spends his time trying to influence a random 17 yr olds college decision.

You know absolutely nothing about me. Please don't try to pretend that you do by making overgeneralized statements (something you're awfully fond of, it appears).

Ignore "alexzelada" this is his M.O. he insults/starts arguements with other posters for no apparent reason, he's a troll. - Don't take the bait.

Here watch me ignore alexzelada. Its easy!

I truly believe this 'problem' will eventually take care of itself through natural attrition as recruits (and society as a whole) will navigate and elect toward more private and closed social networks. These kids are the first generation to have access to this type of media in its fullest extent and have not yet fully experienced the repurcussions that come with leaving yourself this open. I see a major pull back by recruits as they personally experience or see others experience the overwhelming onslaught of wanted (and much unwanted) attention both positive and negative.
I hope you're right. But when you look around it seems like de-evolution is ramping up and common sense is going down. While the Octomoms have litters of children who are either brain-damaged or treated like pets, the people who take responsibility for their actions produce fewer off-spring. The result is what we are currently seeing, people who think rodg12 is how you spell DOG.

eh twitter is garbage anyways. They took the status update from facebook and cut out all other features....and they got on the cover of time magazine....great world we live in.

Latest posts