Dondi kirby

I believe we are and our chances may have even gotten better. I know OSU has now dropped out of the running. They were going to honor their offer but wanted an answer and he wasn't ready to make a decison so they are moving on.

We don't normally drop off kids after ACL tears. However, if memory serves, we haven't had great success actually keeping them in the program.

We don't normally drop off kids after ACL tears. However, if memory serves, we haven't had great success actually keeping them in the program.

CAARHawk -

I really don't recall issues there. Gray just entered the program after having an ACL issue and he's on the squad.

Maybe you're thinking about Blackwell? Of course, if you are, you have to recall that the issue with him is that he didn't get past the clearinghouse. Thus, the issue wasn't keeping him in the program ... it was getting him into the program in the first place.

We also stuck with Adam Shada through the recruiting process even though he was contending with injury-issues. While Iowa fans give him too much crap ... he certainly stuck with the program and proved to be one heck of a gutsy Hawk.

Also, it can be remarked that Iowa is still recruiting Fisher too ... and he's coming off of ACL issues too.

CAARHawk -

I really don't recall issues there. Gray just entered the program after having an ACL issue and he's on the squad.

Maybe you're thinking about Blackwell? Of course, if you are, you have to recall that the issue with him is that he didn't get past the clearinghouse. Thus, the issue wasn't keeping him in the program ... it was getting him into the program in the first place.

We also stuck with Adam Shada through the recruiting process even though he was contending with injury-issues. While Iowa fans give him too much crap ... he certainly stuck with the program and proved to be one heck of a gutsy Hawk.

Also, it can be remarked that Iowa is still recruiting Fisher too ... and he's coming off of ACL issues too.
Johnson from florida is also coming off of an acl tear.

I was thinking about Blackwell, but I also had a sense there was someone else as well. But, I can't come up with the name so I am probably mistaken.

Shada's issue was really serious if I remember correctly. Funny how that worked out. We stuck with the kid, he worked hard to get back into football shape, became a starter, and ended up one of the most maligned players in recent Hawkeye history.

plus we just signed a kid with an ACL tear in Cole Fisher, only Fisher's was last year and he is expected to play this season, unlike Kirby but still same injury

so Kirby won't be playing this upcoming football season?
Surgeon told my kid 7 months is good to get back but most take around 1 year if they dont take it seriously.
She made it back in less than 6 mo. and was playing ball like nothing ever happened. Damn she make me proud.

Latest posts