Dom Uhl.....

He has shot a few and his form looks good just most haven't fallen for him. But he has taken them in the rhythm of the offense and isn't forcing things. I can't get over how quickly and under control he can bring the ball up the court. Has great coordination and quickness for a guy his size. Some might kill me for saying this, but he reminds me of a more wing-oriented Georges Niang (with a slightly inconsistent 3 so far in his career)

I agree with how good he looked bringing the ball up the court. In my opinion he looked better than Uthoff in that regard. He gets to some rebounds that really surprise me too. And that rebound one handed putback looked easy for him. Fran said he looked like a future pro in every aspect of the game except shooting.

He makes me feel a lot better about losing White after this year. He will be better than White, maybe much better, by the time he's done. He already has a great stroke from three, pull up jumper, and great handles. His first step is so quick for a guy his size...it's crazy what this kid can do already.

I think he has a shot to be a leaner, taller, less athletic Michael Jordan. All kidding aside...he is going to be special.

I looked up the numbers, and they're not great. But he's only a freshman, and he seems to have decent form.

3pt: 2-12 17%
FG: 12-28 43%
FT: 2-7 29%

Those will improve. Right now his aggressiveness, athleticism, and ball handling skills stand out.

The last game was the first time he's really looked comfortable on the floor and got significant minutes. He and Trey were really freaked out in New York in the other two big games. I think Dom has figured out he can make things happen at this level and confidence is a very good thing. Let's see how he handles himself Friday.

The most positive thing I would add is this. Fran has clearly stated from an offensive "skill" perspective Dom came into the Iowa program with a lot of raw ability much like Gabe or Jarryd Cole and has never once been referred to as a pure shooter so if he can make strides on the offensive end we have ourselves the proverbial diamond in the rough. Of course playing against Aaron/Jarrod nearly every day in practice while also learning how to get his shot off against the likes of Gabe/Woody this season can only increase the odds of him getting even better.

When people wrote or talked about uhl before he got here I imagined a guy that played more like white or basabe. He has more of a skillset like Uthoff since I have seen him. His shot will fall as he develops but he is more 3 than 4.

I love his skill set. I think he will contribute all season and do some good things. I think statistically he could have a Marble like bounce from his freshman to sophomore year. I'm not comparing them as players just think he will average double figures in scoring next year and bring a lot of intangibles (and tangibles) to the team/games.

Latest posts