Dolphin

hawkfan1319

Apparently told a caller to go root for another team if they see anything wrong with KF's bonus coming up.

sometimes ya get tired of the negativity and ya just tell people to get lost.

sometimes ya join 'em

I once complimented Dolph at one of the tour stops that I enjoyed listening to him because I thought he wasn't afraid to speak some semblance of the truth and called as it was.

I was young and naive -- that guy's the worse sugar-coating, scuff-kneed, drop-trou shill ever to be associated with Hawkeye athletics.

He's quickly becoming as unlistenable as derKirkFer.

A couple basketball games ago he said Fran accidentally took a drink of his water bottle or whatever and gave him a look. Pretty sure Dolph is drinking on the job.

I've never been a fan of Dolphin. I miss Z so much. I remember when I was a little kid hugging and kissing my radio because he told me to. Dolphin has no passion or allegiance to this program.

Now Podolak, I like that guy.

I hated Dolph before it was cool to hate Dolph.

Ha so funny! For some reason it always seemed blasphemy to rip on him because he was "the voice of the hawkeyes". I used to always wonder if I was the only one who thought he was terrible.

I wish Dolphin would concentrate on play by play and let the analysts (Eddie or Bobby) analyze. Dolphin spends too many times trying to make a point about the previous play instead of telling the audience what is happening. It's frustrating when you have to listen to a game instead of watching it.

I've never been a fan of Dolphin. I miss Z so much. I remember when I was a little kid hugging and kissing my radio because he told me to. Dolphin has no passion or allegiance to this program.

Now Podolak, I like that guy.

Say what you want about his ability, but to question his passion and allegiance to Iowa sports is stupid. You clearly have never spent any time with Gary. He cares about two things: The Hawkeyes and history.

Ok I'll be the guy. I like Dolph just fine. I became a fan after the call at Penn State in 2000. I remember it being fashionable to hate on Zabel too. Some people will always dislike the radio guys.

Ok I'll be the guy. I like Dolph just fine. I became a fan after the call at Penn State in 2000. I remember it being fashionable to hate on Zabel too. Some people will always dislike the radio guys.
I like Dolph as a TV/radio guy. That's not my problem with him. I never had a problem with him.

The people who did not like Jim Zabel were way off base. Gary Dolphin is a good announcer, but he is following a legend and that is never easy. He is good too in his own way, but it is natural to miss Jim Zabel. He is still better than anyone on TV outside of possibly Mac McCausland and Jess Settles.

i like him too. Not as much as Eddie, but I do like the Dolph.

I like him better on football broadcast than basketball. I would actually like them to have a separate guy for basketball. I don't know why but he just seems harder to follow or listen too on the bball broadcast.