Does Woody have an up and under move or a goto post move?

uihawk82

Can someone move this to BBall forum? thx We need better efficiency from him on offense especially down low. If you work to get it there and he cant make a quick move and finish it is hurting the offense.

he hustles and plays hard but I thought he would have a drop step or up and under move which are two pretty basic moves that I never see from him.

What does Fran need to do to get him revved up?

We need better efficiency from him on offense especially down low. If you work to get it there and he cant make a quick move and finish it is hurting the offense.

he hustles and plays hard but I thought he would have a drop step or up and under move which are two pretty basic moves that I never see from him.

What does Fran need to do to get him revved up?

Put him on the bench and start Gabe. Play Woody the proper minutes he should be playing of maybe 10 to 12 a game and hire someone who can develop him for next year when Gabe Graduates. Woody isn't ready AT ALL and it's a joke he starts..

The up and under move is old school.....that's Kevin Mchale in his prime.

Was that the Boyle that started as a freshman when Bobby Hanson was a freshman? No wait he must have been a sophomore when hanson was a freshman.

Woody used to have that little baby hook (usually missed it) Not sure what his go to move is now?

I've come to accept that he is what he is. (hate that phrase, but it applies here) I think he's plateaued offensively. That doesn't mean he doesn't do other things well. He does and he still has a place on this team. But thank the sweet Lord for Gabe Olaseni. He gets better and better while Woodbury is still playing at the same level he has since late in his freshman year.

Woody used to have that little baby hook (usually missed it) Not sure what his go to move is now?

I've come to accept that he is what he is. (hate that phrase, but it applies here) I think he's plateaued offensively. That doesn't mean he doesn't do other things well. He does and he still has a place on this team. But thank the sweet Lord for Gabe Olaseni. He gets better and better while Woodbury is still playing at the same level he has since late in his freshman year.

I disagree. I think near the end of this season and all of next year you will see Woody improve his offensive game immensely.

One thing I do agree with you is that he is what he is--a 7-footer. It is not uncommon for 7-footers to develop later in their junior year and in their senior year.

Woody probably would have benefited from a redshirt, too.

At least, is seems, Woody has put on some upper body strength... Heck yeah, start Gabe. Post defense, IMO, is pretty important in Fran's defensive schemes.. mimes.

As long as Woody wants to shoot the 12 foot shot and watch someone else rebound, put him at the 4 (where he wants to play). Maybe Woody hasn't put on enough muscle? How much 'development' does a player need to be aggressive?

And OP, the administration of HN are the ones who move (or delete) a thread (or member). Are they asleep, again?

Last edited: