Does this team have a "leader"?

AIRHAWK

I dont think I can point to 1 player as the leader of this team. I don't mean the go to guy when we need something (although that is a whole different thread!) but the vocal, c'mon lets go, leader. Not much emotion out of any of them. Woody maybe? Not Marble, not Besabe, not White....who?

U think gesell is vocal? Could be, I guess I just don't see it. To me, he seems more quiet go about my business kind of kid. Could be wrong entirely.

Woody seems pretty fiery

U think gesell is vocal? Could be, I guess I just don't see it. To me, he seems more quiet go about my business kind of kid. Could be wrong entirely.

Woody seems pretty fiery

There's a difference between "vocal" and "fiery," IMO. If there's a guy on the team who plays the Craft-esque role of gathering the guys before FT's and giving instruction, etc., it's Gesell.

I could care less if a guy is fiery. You can be vocal without being demonstrative.

No doubt it is MG.. His leadership isn't measured in words. Huge difference on how this team moves and plays when he is on the court and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! That is leadership...

My opinion here...just mine. I think Mike is the one the team would like to have lead them. I think the coaches (coach) want Devyn to be that leader. Your PG is your leader...PERIOD. Devyn can be the best player, scorer, etc. Just like football your PG has to be the guy (QB) who is the glue, who orchestrates the show, gets everyone on the same page, and gets the ball to the guys who are hot, in places where they can succeed. I think that is where the disconnect is happening with this team...let's leave Mike in the game when it matters.

I agree on Gesell but I dont think he is the overall floor leader yet, maybe next year he will start pointing and telling guys what to do.

Looking back, we dont have a mateen cleaves type player. I thought Dean Oliver was a really good floor leader and vocal enough.

What are some other players from the hawks or other teams that you would call a "leader" and why, because they were/are rah rah or vocal, of take over situations

Was Trey Burke a good leader last year?

I think BJ Armstrong was a leader on a team of leaders.

I agree on Gesell but I dont think he is the overall floor leader yet, maybe next year he will start pointing and telling guys what to do.

Looking back, we dont have a mateen cleaves type player. I thought Dean Oliver was a really good floor leader and vocal enough.

What are some other players from the hawks or other teams that you would call a "leader" and why, because they were/are rah rah or vocal, of take over situations

Was Trey Burke a good leader last year?

I think BJ Armstrong was a leader on a team of leaders.

I think Craft and Appling are the head of the class in the B1G when it comes to leadership. Appling is a more complete player and, when healthy, can absolutely take over a game when his team needs it. He's also a very gritty player who's been the emotional glue for Izzo this year, IMO.

Craft certainly has his flaws, particularly on offense. But he's also proven that he can hit the big shot when his team needs it, even if he looks goofy when he puts it up. He also routinely makes a critical defensive play or two that give the team life in the final minute(s). He's also absolutely the team's vocal leader, at least while they're on the floor.

No, and that is Marble's fault. Gesell is a sophomore and this is supposedly Marble's team but I don't get the sense he has any leadership qualities. I did see him smiling in the post game handshake at Indiana fwiw. I know if I had just lost 3 in a row I wouldn't be even remotely close to a smile.

Latest posts