Does this Iowa roster have any NBA talent?

JonnyGuido

There was a recent post about final four teams and the amount of talent you realistically need to get there and I have heard how most NCAA championship teams ordinarily have 3-6 future NBA players on its roster. Do we have any right now? I say potentially the only possibilities are Uthoff and Woody. Thoughts?

If Marble can improve his ball-handling I could see him catching on as a backup PG. He has good size for that position and is still young for a SR.

MCCABE FTW!

Also, Aaron White could definitely make a roster if he can get down that midrange jumper. but that's a big if.

seriously, utoff could get a long look

he's somewhere in-between bullard and koch

if he develops that 3, he could stick with somebody

Marble and Definatley White if he can develop an outsides shot... other than that not enough sample size.

Basabe maybe.

Earlier this year in a different thread an nba mock draft that had marble as one of the last picks if not the last pick in the draft.

Personally I don't think he'll stick. We had to move him to point to make him most effective. That won't happen in the NBA. He isn't good enough off the ball and far away from an NBA caliber PG.

Marble is lengthy but really lacks quickness to make it at the next level.

White doesn't have a good enough outside shot and if he doesn't have it by now he won't. It will probably improve but not enough.

Uthoff... Due to his stature he would have to play a 3 spot. Although not a lefty, his body type could be similar to tayshaun prince. Uthoff is probably even a little taller but like white, uthoff would need to make outside shooting a strength which I think he is probably closer to doing than white.

Woody would be the other option. Not sure how you can predict how a big man will mature over the next two years. I like woodys game an you can't teach 7 foot and he's got fairly decent speed as far as running the floor but really lacks explosion in terms of leaping ability and wouldn't really be the shot blocker the NBA is lookin for so he'll need to perfect the jump hook with both hands.

Do you really think a player than will most likely not ever start for Iowa gets into the NBA?

I think Gabe Olaseni has a chance to play in the NBA one day, yes I do. That's based on my belief that Gabe is going to continue to have exponential growth his last two years at Iowa. He is very, very young in a basketball sense. His shot blocking ability will certainly start turning heads and he runs the floor like he's 6-6. Perhaps he doesn't make it right out of college, may take a few years elsewhere, but I think he has a shot.

With the NBDL a lot more players have a chance to make NBA rosters, they might have to put in the time in places like Fort Wayne, Des Moines, and Sioux Falls but it is much easier to be seen a these places than Croatia, Turkey, and Denmark.

NBA teams know they need to create a team, with bosses AND workers, there's no NBA All-Star talent but there is possibly a place for guys like Marble and always a place for guys like Woodbury and Olesani. You can't teach height and athleticism.

The process of elimination leaves 3 guys that have the necessary size and or athleticism. Woody, Uthoff, Olaseni. And they have a slim chance at best.

If Jok turns out to be a lights out shooter than maybe because he is 6'5.

White and Marble, good college players but no way.

Latest posts