Does the Illini have a Mcsorley, Blough, or Thorsen?

uihawk82

Yep, I like Phil Parker as a coach and Dee Coord but like Norm, Phil's defenses are worst against a mobile qb with a decent passing game ala Mcsorley blough and thorsen.

The hawks shut out maryland's no passing attack offense. I dont know much about Illinois' offense but if they cant pass the ball very well and dont have a Randel El then I like our chances.

Let's face it the last 3 games we were beat by very good 4 or 5 year qbs and outcoached in key times.

I think the defense can control Illinois and the offense will do fine if what people say is true and the Illini defense is crap.

But it is sad when we are expected to win now because the opponent is not that good

Yep, I like Phil Parker as a coach and Dee Coord but like Norm, Phil's defenses are worst against a mobile qb with a decent passing game ala Mcsorley blough and thorsen.

The hawks shut out maryland's no passing attack offense. I dont know much about Illinois' offense but if they cant pass the ball very well and dont have a Randel El then I like our chances.

Let's face it the last 3 games we were beat by very good 4 or 5 year qbs and outcoached in key times.

I think the defense can control Illinois and the offense will do fine if what people say is true and the Illini defense is crap.

But it is sad when we are expected to win now because the opponent is not that good

I'm glad our opponent is not that good because maybe we'll stop taking on water.

Illinois is ever teams slump buster....

Hold my beer ...

rutgers-v-kansas-state-texas-bowl-f329e2d50b449321.jpg

Just to provide a counterpoint, the only one of those three that really exposed the D was Blough. They did more than enough to win against PSU and NW.

As for Illinois, no, Bush is not a thrower. In fact their offense might be somewhat similar to Maryland's.

Illinois doesn't need a QB, they have Reggie Corbin (Akrum Wadley on steroids) who leads the nation in runs over 20 yards. Need to contain him to win.

Latest posts