Does Stanzi deserve pre season Heisman Hype?

nilekinnick

Seems most of the big names this year graduate and Hawks will be a top 5 ranked team going into next season.

I am hoping b/c of the looming NFL strike and maybe so many Jr's declaring for the draft the Spievey & Buluga both return.

Seems most of the big names this year graduate and Hawks will be a top 5 ranked team going into next season.

I am hoping b/c of the looming NFL strike and maybe so many Jr's declaring for the draft the Spievey & Buluga both return.

Clayborn will get all of the preseason hype.

No. Now, if he has a great non-conference season and we start 3-0 or 4-0 (not sure how our schedule breaks down next year), maybe he should get some run. But too often he's the other team's best offensive player...until that stops, he needs to stay just off the bottom of those lists, IMO.

Seems the consensus here is No. I agree. But if he finds a way to keep his Pick 6's to less than 10 next year, maybe he gets some midseason hype.

No preseason hype, but if he improves his decision making, he could wind up with some hype by the end of the season...hopefully the team will be in a position to make that happen with some fantastic play and some BIG wins.

Silly tweeter...don't you know you don't have to be the best player or even the best player at your position to win the Heisman? If Iowa gets off to a hot start and Rick isn't horrible, he'll most likely at least get some mention...

No. I agree on the Clayborn comment, not that I feel he will get it but because he is the best player, and will be the best player, on this team.

No. Not even close.

Unless pick 6s are also added to the TD and yards passed columns.

Could it be a goal next year not to have one pick-6? He's had enough in one season for one team in a decade.

Stanzi will not get pre-season hype. I love the kid but too many pick 6's. It seems like he gives the opponent a "pad" if you will just so we can win! Clayborn is the man. Fox taughted on how well the D-end for GT would be and Clayborn was way, way better than he was tonight. Let's be happy for our returning starters tonight as we enter next season. I don't want to say National title hype, but a strong vote for a Big 10 Championship. GO HAWKS!!!!

The Heisman is a dying award.

I looked up at the "AT&T POY" voting choices during the game and Ingram was the least important of the four players up on the screen. But he won the Heisman.

No, Rick won't win it. Nowhere near the passing yards. Just the 13 wins will be impressive.

"
LOL

Ricky won't be the best QB in the Big Ten next year, let alone the land. "

There isn't a QB in the Big Ten, and very few in the country that throw a prettier ball than Rick. He will get pre-season hype.

"
LOL

Ricky won't be the best QB in the Big Ten next year, let alone the land. "

There isn't a QB in the Big Ten, and very few in the country that throw a prettier ball than Rick. He will get pre-season hype.

He will be on some pre season watch lists becasue he is a qb from a top team coming back but he has a lot to improve on to snif any awards other then 2nd team All Big 10.

If Ricky cleans up his interception frequency and stops the pick sixes he may be considered a candidate later in the season. He may need to prove to the voters he's done that.