Does not having fans put us further behind $EC

koralakers

...in regards to Athletic dept money? Or any other conference that is allowing fans? Will this trickle down into money available to spend on recruiting, attracting or keeping good coaches in years to come? If they can ‘allow’ fans, why can’t we?

I see zero reason why schools can't at least do like 15% capacity. That can easily be distanced throughout a 70,000+ seat stadium. The Chiefs did it just fine. I've seen some people suggest that it would cost more to do that than the revenue it would bring in which I just don't see how that could be possible.

For easy math let's say they let in 10,000 fans at $60/ticket. That's 600 grand right in revenue right there. There's absolutely no way it costs that much to have security and ticket takers. You don't even need to have the concession stands open. Just make anyone who buys a ticket sign an e-waiver related to COVID and you're good to go.

It seems the TV $$$ is what really keeps the coffers filled. As an aside I was really impressed watching the Notre Dame game and seeing the vast majority of students masked up.

I see zero reason why schools can't at least do like 15% capacity. That can easily be distanced throughout a 70,000+ seat stadium. The Chiefs did it just fine. I've seen some people suggest that it would cost more to do that than the revenue it would bring in which I just don't see how that could be possible.

For easy math let's say they let in 10,000 fans at $60/ticket. That's 600 grand right in revenue right there. There's absolutely no way it costs that much to have security and ticket takers. You don't even need to have the concession stands open. Just make anyone who buys a ticket sign an e-waiver related to COVID and you're good to go.
I will admit it was weird seeing KC being able to have fans (and the ‘home field advantage’ those bring), while others did not. There seemed to be no real ‘outcry’ from it. Since we know there is an advantage to home team to having fans, I wonder if other teams will follow suite (why does KC get to have this ‘advantage’ but no one else?)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/us/chiefs-nfl-covid-spt-trnd/index.html

...in regards to Athletic dept money? Or any other conference that is allowing fans? Will this trickle down into money available to spend on recruiting, attracting or keeping good coaches in years to come? If they can ‘allow’ fans, why can’t we?
We were already so far behind the SEC before covid this ain't gonna matter.

Our conference's best team is light years behind the SEC/ACC top programs, let alone an Iowa or Minnesota.

We were already so far behind the SEC before covid this ain't gonna matter.

Our conference's best team is light years behind the SEC/ACC top programs, let alone an Iowa or Minnesota.

Nah, OSU is right there with Bama, LSU, Clemson, etc. The ACC ain't got any depth and won't unless FSU, GT and VT come back. But the SEC goes like 5 deep and the B1G goes 1 deep. The gap between OSU and everyone else in the B1G is absurd. We ain't as bad as the ACC, but the addition of Maryland and Rutgers sure didn't help and our division in particular is pretty damned bad.

Now the streaks been officially put on pause? Who knew you could pause things in real life. Have they simply paused quality football since joining the BIG TEN or have they simply paused recent winning seasons.

I can't put a finger on whether this is hilarious or pathetic, but the verbal diarrhea coming out of Lincoln lately seems to be getting better and better. Stay tuned for more bullshit to follow.

Now the streaks been officially put on pause? Who knew you could pause things in real life. Have they simply paused quality football since joining the BIG TEN or have they simply paused recent winning seasons.

I can't put a finger on whether this is hilarious or pathetic, but the verbal diarrhea coming out of Lincoln lately seems to be getting better and better. Stay tuned for more bullshit to follow.
Their 2-6 season won't count in their eyes either.

Latest posts