Does Lickliter replace Coles at Miami, OH?

I thought that is was Coles that said that, not the AD?

It was Coles. Still, though, that sounds awfully like he was getting out ahead of a story, no? I think Lick will be the guy, and I think he will do well. Iowa made the right call firing Lick and hiring Fran, but I've always thought that three years is not enough time to condemn someone as severely as most fans do Lick. I still don't.

that's on Iowa not lick. lick was hired to do a job, the price he was paid was dictated by the open market. I think he's a very good coach if he finds a school that's the right fit.

aw jeez, here we go again. :D

He got paid a ton of money to do a job and he failed. I would expect to see some criticism over his performance or lack there of. If he goes somewhere else and is successful, great, but he deserves all the criticism he gets here. Alford got the program backpedaling but this guy dug our basketball program a grave and shoved us in. The worst coach in the history of Iowa basketball.

It was Coles. Still, though, that sounds awfully like he was getting out ahead of a story, no? I think Lick will be the guy, and I think he will do well. Iowa made the right call firing Lick and hiring Fran, but I've always thought that three years is not enough time to condemn someone as severely as most fans do Lick. I still don't.

Yeah, Iowa was only down to winning 10 games in a season. Should have waited until the team was down to winning 5 games a season.

Again, this guy coached the worst record in a 3 year span in Iowa basketball history.

Last edited:
of course he failed, and of course he deserves criticism, but he's not a theif, and the rooting for him to fail elsewhere is childish at best.

of course he failed, and of course he deserves criticism, but he's not a theif, and the rooting for him to fail elsewhere is childish at best.

My inner child really needs to be released. Lick sucked, still sucks and will suck. He screwed Iowa BB for everyone. He gets paid millions for it.

Did I mention Lick sucks and he also played his no talent son at Iowa and now has a big poster of him in an Iowa uniform in his office at Miami?

Please God, allow Lick to fail again somewhere in a public fashion.

I don't feel sorry for Lick at all. I wish I could do a bad job and make millions. But I won't cheer against him either. What good does that do? There are a lot of cheaters in the college game that I won't cheer for. I have no problem wishing the best for Lick going forward

Licks a good coach but was a terrible fit here and an awful recruiter. I think he has a good chance to do well if he gets hired there. He was a nice guy and I don't cheer for nice guys to fail.

Actually I don't think he was a terrible fit at Iowa specifically - he just is not a Big Ten calibur coach, plain & simple. Lots of guys have gotten hired from the Mid-Major ranks and failed at the next level up - Lick is just another one of them. You could say the same for Greg McDermott - he has had success at the mid-major level, but couldn't get it done at ISU.

Lick could maybe do well at Miami (OH) if he is their next coach, but if he does, that is not an indictment on Iowa. It's just more proof that he can coach at the mid-major level, but not in a conference like the Big Ten.

But I suspect if Lick DOES succeed, that will produce a whole new batch of idiots saying that Iowa was stupid to let him go, and that Lick didn't get a fair shake here. 3 years with the worst winning percentage in program history is opportunity enough.

That's my 2 cents.

It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense with people saying he was a good coach. At Iowa he was an absolutely terrible coach. He hired one of the worst coaching staffs ever for a BCS conference, he brought in average mid major talent, he didn't have open try outs so that his son could be on the team... He really didn't do anything good at Iowa besides follow Alford which made people think he was a "nice guy".

I, for one, long for the high school girl scores that we used to put up ...

I am going to miss going to CHA and being able to sit wherever I wanted.

It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense with people saying he was a good coach. At Iowa he was an absolutely terrible coach. He hired one of the worst coaching staffs ever for a BCS conference, he brought in average mid major talent, he didn't have open try outs so that his son could be on the team... He really didn't do anything good at Iowa besides follow Alford which made people think he was a "nice guy".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTnkSikAnDw&feature=player_embedded]LiL Lick[/ame]

Latest posts