Does Fran owe an apology

My comment stands. All you have to do is watch all three video clips. If you don't see it then so be it. Woodbury is who he is. The team needs toughness, but not bush league stuff. If it happens again, Fran and Barta will have plenty to deal with. I live in Omaha, so I am informed on "players" coaches, coaches who are hot heads and who think they own the media. Media and fans need to stop kissing A and deal with the issues, which Barta, Ferentz and Fran all have plenty to work on. Iowa has enough issues recruiting without McCaffery on TV being a jerk.

I would suggest that if all you did was watch slow motion videos of the incidents, you have some catching up to do on interpretation. Try it in real time. Fran is NOT a jerk. You are dead wrong.

I would suggest that if all you did was watch slow motion videos of the incidents, you have some catching up to do on interpretation. Try it in real time. Fran is NOT a jerk. You are dead wrong.

Blackgold needs to start following a non contact sport Huck. I'm sure there's a chess club at Iowa. There's probably little to no contact to get worked up about.

Here's where the focus should be. Iowa put a beat down on Maryland just as they did to Michigan 3 days earlier. The question should be what are the Hawks doing differently and can they keep it up. But no. In typical media fashion, they try to find a story where there isn't one. And some of bleeding heart $ussies on this board just follow like sheep.

I have seen the videos plenty, and so have others that do not live on this board. It does not make national media because it was an accident, and few coaches have the reputation McCaffery has for sideline antics. I actually hope Woodbury does it again, for one to see him get the favor returned, and second Barta will have to answer for it, something he absolutely does not need right now.

I don't think Fran needs to apologize. He'd obviously rather be talking about how we beat down a top 20 team, rather than Woody's eye poking. I'm sure he was frustrated about it. He's not best known for holding his temper.

First off I am not talking about the press conference. I don't think Frans comment about the intelligent question or "cause I said so" was rude. I just think that it was idiotic and kind of out of character from what we have seen from him in the past.

I do think and hope that Fran would apologize to Dolph personally and professionally on this week’s call in show. I hope that after the interview he did. I think the way he snapped at Dolph for doing his job was uncalled for. Ok the eye poke happened and the question needed to be asked. I have always defended the way Fran gets after refs and the players in the game. Heat of the moment fighting for your team, but the why he talked down to Dolph was just ugly.

What do you think should Fran apologize?

Nope.

Fran is protecting his player by not answering nonsensical questions that tend to highlight a basketball play of no significance.

Woodbury did it again on the jump yesterday, so that hasn't stopped yet.

B9Xzn-bCAAIdxEZ.jpg:large

Pretty bad photoshop.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but why is it a dumb question? He didn't ask if it was intentional or call in Woody's character. If I remember correctly he was more so addressing the call the refs made. It's a post-game interview not dumb to ask a question about a moment that could have change the game.

I have been trying to find an audio clip but can’t locate one. Anyone know if they are out on the internet?

I wasn't being sarcastic.

If this helps encourage Dolph to retire then I have to admit I'd be kind of happy about it. I have a lot of respect for Dolph. He's a great Hawkeye. He's been the voice of the Hawks for a long long time, but I just think it's time for him to let someone else take over. I hate saying that about such a loyal Hawk, but the more I listen to him the harder it gets. He just isn't very good anymore.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong in this situation. In fact, I would probably agree that the right thing to do would be for Fran to give him a call and apologize.

Long time? Really? He's been the Hawkeye sports announcer since 1996. That's 19 years. His predecessor, Jim Zabel, was the Hawkeye sports announcer for 48 years. By those standards, he's just getting warmed up...

No. But I'll bet he gives one to Dolph in private anyway. Fran is a good dude with a quick temper, who defends his players. The comparison to Pelini is ridiculous.

Media is pile on, Johnny come lately. Non news. SECPN is fantastic at the unoriginal.

Keep winning. Pray for no eye pokes, unintentional or not.

Love Fran and what he's done for Iowa basketball.

Go Hawks.

Latest posts