Does Fran get suspended?

1hawkeye1

He bumped an official which is a huge no-no even if it was unintentional. I can't really see the B1G letting that go. They've gotta draw a hard line with no gray area.

I thought the official threw him an arm-bar more than he bumped the ref but I supposed he might have though Fran was going to beat the **** out of him and it was self defense. We shouldn't need a coach to beat Northwestern at home.

Yeah I mean when you go running at the official...you crossed a line...by a mile...I think the BIG has to step in.

Two-game suspension, I predict, and probably a fine to the university. He already has been reprimanded once for slamming a chair and who knows what other league and in-house communication has taken place.

I would hope Fran's boss would also demand an investigation or review of thè officiating. But I'm enough of a realist to know tthat's not likely to happen"

Honestly, the bump is incidental. He was well on his way to earning an ejection, even without bumping/having the official lean into it. He lost all control of himself and I'll be shocked if he isn't suspended. He earned one.

Two-game suspension, I predict, and probably a fine to the university. He already has been reprimanded once for slamming a chair and who knows what other league and in-house communication has taken place.

I would hope Fran's boss would also demand an investigation or review of thè officiating. But I'm enough of a realist to know tthat's not likely to happen"

Honestly, I don't think it was THAT bad. The last time he went off like this was at UNI a couple years ago, and THAT crew was terrible; the officiating warranted a drastic response. But tonight's officiating didn't seem that much different than a typical conference game, certainly not enough so to warrant flying off the handle. Especially in a close game; at least the UNI game was already decided.

I honestly hope so, he needs to realize he has a problem. That was a pretty low class display.

Actually if you go back and look at it. The ref forearmed Fran...now he may have grazed someone with his pointer finger but he's going to get a suspension...and if we lose to NW next with him NOT on the bench that will be 2 losses on Fran.

Actually if you go back and look at it. The ref forearmed Fran...now he may have grazed someone with his pointer finger but he's going to get a suspension...and if we lose to NW next with him NOT on the bench that will be 2 losses on Fran.

lol yeah, I think the ref could argue it was self defense though...I know if Franny came running at me...I would be getting my arms up. Fran is like a box of chocolates...ya never know what you're gonna get.

Iowa will beat Northwestern by a dozen points, even if McCaffery is suspended.

You cannot act like that and expect much support from the AD. If I were Barta (gag me) I would suspend him for a couple of games. Make him run the stairs and shoot FTs with the team. Lots and lots of FTS.

You cannot act like that and expect much support from the AD. If I were Barta (gag me) I would suspend him for a couple of games. Make him run the stairs and shoot FTs with the team. Lots and lots of FTS.

He could make him go to yoga class for an hour every day for a month.

Latest posts