Does defense matter?

homes

Since the 15-16 season, not counting the scrub non-conference opponents, Iowa is 9-39 in games in which the opponent scored 80 or more points.*

I think it matters.

* I might be off a bit, but if so, not enough to matter.

BD-04324B-Fran-McCaffery-Building-a-Championship-Defense-944.jpg

Why yes it does, just ask this guy....he even has his own DVD on this topic. ;) I think they have a few copies left over from Cyber Monday.

Since the 15-16 season, not counting the scrub non-conference opponents, Iowa is 9-39 in games in which the opponent scored 80 or more points.*

I think it matters.

* I might be off a bit, but if so, not enough to matter.
Who is saying it doesn't matter?

Who is saying it doesn't matter?
It’s rhetorical. An introduction to make a point that when Iowa gets into high scoring/little defense games they don’t do well. I thought it was the case. Upon looking it up, I was surprised how accurate it is.

Iowa is limited on what they can do on defensive end, based on roster construction, based on individual skill sets.

Imo, it is all about effort. They are going to have bad nights defensively, they just will. The effort has to disappear before I will tap out.

According to kenpom, they are 98th in defensive efficiency this year, they were 111th last year and they were a tournament team. This year’s team is smarter and simply better on the defensive end.

Latest posts