Does Carver empty out rest of season?

I’ve seen multiple comments about people stating after the Ohio st game , Michigan and Maryland games that they see improvement . If you want to find them have at it. Probably DDthompson or some other delusional fan.
I just haven't seen much of anyone trying to paint this as a good basketball team or one that is improving. They are not IMO. I think you might confuse critical analysis that can be positive for people saying Iowa is good or in good shape. Jordan is horrible at D, but so are a lot players in college basketball. The team just doesn't do what they need to do period, and that's coaching, lack of effort, understanding, youth, etc. It's a fact that Jordan is better in every statistical category offensively, from assists to turnovers to pts then he was last season, yet he takes the brunt of the blame even though, again, what has changed since last season? He's a combo guard, better suited for the 2, but it's not like in Fran's offense there is even a "true pg" role...Iowa is not a set running team, but people around here act like he isn't a D1 player. So, some people stick up for everyone trashing Iowa's players, or the job Fran has done with this program, but don't mistake that positive vibes for the season we are having. This sucks

We have had season tickets since the year after the NIT Champs run and have only missed B1G or power conference home games for weather or vacation. That being said, when it starts not being fun to watch, we won’t bother driving from DSM during the week anymore. It’s a big commitment we are willing to make but not if it’s not fun to watch. Right now, unfortunately, it’s almost there.

I hate seeing CHA empty... I wish Iowa supported team better then they do. But I get it. It's just a pride thing. To see CHA full and rocking is just awesome. Seeing it half empty or less and no electricity in it just sucks.

I just haven't seen much of anyone trying to paint this as a good basketball team or one that is improving. They are not IMO. I think you might confuse critical analysis that can be positive for people saying Iowa is good or in good shape. Jordan is horrible at D, but so are a lot players in college basketball. The team just doesn't do what they need to do period, and that's coaching, lack of effort, understanding, youth, etc. It's a fact that Jordan is better in every statistical category offensively, from assists to turnovers to pts then he was last season, yet he takes the brunt of the blame even though, again, what has changed since last season? He's a combo guard, better suited for the 2, but it's not like in Fran's offense there is even a "true pg" role...Iowa is not a set running team, but people around here act like he isn't a D1 player. So, some people stick up for everyone trashing Iowa's players, or the job Fran has done with this program, but don't mistake that positive vibes for the season we are having. This sucks
Fran is finding out the hard way as well as us that Moss and Jordan are spot up shooters only and cant create their offense because Fran didnt realize how easy of shots Jok got them because of the command he demanded from opposing defenses. when he cant get them shots off screens this team really struggles and it really becomes apparent down the stretch of a game at crunch time

Fran is finding out the hard way as well as us that Moss and Jordan are spot up shooters only and cant create their offense because Fran didnt realize how easy of shots Jok got them because of the command he demanded from opposing defenses. when he cant get them shots off screens this team really struggles and it really becomes apparent down the stretch of a game at crunch time

I agree with some of that...but again, Jordan is better offensively this year then last stat wise. I have more issues with his supporting cast.

I agree with some of that...but again, Jordan is better offensively this year then last stat wise. I have more issues with his supporting cast.

Jordan has been much worse offensively and defensively in conference play this year compared to last year. His advanced numbers are atrocious.

That's something I have yet to see on this board... one single poster who thinks Iowa is improving, remotely good, or that things are "ok". They are not, if someone says they are, please point them out.

Logic would dictate that they will soon improve because they can't play much worse than they have.

I hate seeing CHA empty... I wish Iowa supported team better then they do. But I get it. It's just a pride thing. To see CHA full and rocking is just awesome. Seeing it half empty or less and no electricity in it just sucks.
I wish our AD had some pride in Iowa athletics.

His advanced defensive and offensive numbers from conference play are both down double digit points from last season.

your advance defensive and offensive numbers are down. Take those nerd stats and stick em were they belong. :) I just gave you his conference stats and most of his offensive #'s are up.

obviously, his D is not good, the team is not doing well, but his pts, fgs, 3pts and assist are all up from last year.

Offense is not the issue, except for the dry spells. Defense is what needs to be fixed.

Offense is not the issue, except for the dry spells. Defense is what needs to be fixed.

Have you ever seen the movie THE FLY?
We need to put Kirk & Fran in a teleportation chamber and zap them into a second chamber
If we cross our fingers maybe we'll finally get a coach who understands that offense and defense BOTH MATTER!!!

f2705465_o.jpeg

I'm saying... I'm saying I - I'm an insect who dreamed he was a Iowa's basketball coach and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake.

Latest posts