Does anyone out there think the Hawks will win easily on Saturday?

SayHawkKid

I just heard Pat Harty say he can't understand why so many Hawk fans think it will be an easy win on Saturday. If this is the case, I must be missing something. I am still seeing a "wait and see" attitude for the most part. Agree or Disagree?

Last edited:
I just heard Pat Hardy say he can't understand why so many Hawk fans think it will be an easy win on Saturday. If this is the case, I must be missing something. I am still seeing a "wait and see" attitude for the most part. Agree or Disagree?
The people I have talked to are cautiously optimistic and some are still ultra pessimistic. I don't know anyone who truly believes we are going to walk out of Minnesota with an easy victory.
It's fair to say it's a winnable game, but the Hawks will have to play well.

I'd say a win is definitely possible, but not probable.

Your average fan is not overly analytical or concerned much with taking a close look at anything deeper than "Minnesota sucks (they always do), we should be able to beat them easily".

I would be pleasantly surprised if this game ended up being an easy win, b/c it would indicate the Hawks are much further along in the rebuilding process than I originally suspected.

How do you define "easy win?" I think Iowa's defensive strengths match up extremely well to Minnesota's offensive strengths and expect Iowa to win this game. I don't expect a blowout or anything though.

The first 5 replies are pretty much what I have been seeing and what I would expect to see. Not sure where Pat is coming from

Agree, I am cautiously optimistic for this Saturday but I am not ruling anything out. The past couple of times Iowa has been to Minnesota most thought it was going to be an easy win but Iowa somehow found a way to lose. I would be one happy Hawk fan if they got a win this Saturday, any kind of win I don't care if it is by just 1 point.

Agree, I am cautiously optimistic for this Saturday but I am not ruling anything out. The past couple of times Iowa has been to Minnesota most thought it was going to be an easy win but Iowa somehow found a way to lose. I would be one happy Hawk fan if they got a win this Saturday, any kind of win I don't care if it is by just 1 point.

This. For all the success we had in the Dome, The Bank has been a house of horrors so far. And Minnesota, while certainly not good, hasn't shown itself to be god awful to this point. It'll be competitive, but I do think Iowa is the better team and comes away with a win.

I don't see an easy win at all. Quite frankly easy wins have been so rare lately that I thought they had been removed altogether. I expected Iowa to win by a couple of touchdowns last week but 59-3 wasn't even in my wildest fantasies. I do expect Iowa to win 24-20 on Saturday.

I actually feel pretty good about this one. I say Iowa wins in a solid one or a close loss. I don't see Minny blowing us out

If any Hawkeye fan truely spouted that this is a for sure, easy win...it would be devoid of anything in reality or recent history.

Hawks can certainly win if they play well, but I would argue we have also lost to teams far worse than this goofer squad, even when we had better teams. Combine that with being on the road, and in a stadium that we have yet to experience vistory? Not sure how anyone can be overconfident.

That Said, I do think we match up well and think that if we can start fast (which I have yet to see this year, but really would like to), I think we will win.

I felt more confident before I heard about the rainy forecast as I was expecting a break out game for the receivers.

I guess I sensed a shift in confidence in people I've spoken too and even on this board and others sites since after the Blowout Saturday and that has me very worried for Saturday.

I felt more confident before I heard about the rainy forecast as I was expecting a break out game for the receivers.
The last I saw there was a 60% chance of rain, and it was mostly suppose to be in the morning. I wouldn't lose sleep over it

I guess I sensed a shift in confidence in people I've spoken too and even on this board and others sites since after the Blowout Saturday and that has me very worried for Saturday.
Thanks Pat, I think most of us are staying pretty level headed. Hard to say on the team will react, but they could use a little more confidence, so WMU game is just what the doctor ordered IMO.

I'm looking for 2 things

1) How much improvement can the hawks make in the passing game.

2) How good is the D against the run really? We'll start finding this out.

Optimisitc. Not assured of a V.

Latest posts