Does anyone know why

Because then it becomes a 'refreshment' rather than just water? If you want flavored water, they want you to buy it from them, probably.

why do you have to put food in a clear plastic bag? The rules are dumb, impossible to rationalize.

injected with vodka possibly who knows

this is the answser. they don't want you bringing alcohol into the stadium.

I've seen/heard of some pretty crazy ways of bringing in booze, and emptying a water container by draining from the bottom so you don't have to open the top is just one of them.

Mostly because of concession sales. Everything other benefit is just sprinkles on ice cream.

If you bring your own water, you won't have to pay for theirs. I assume they wouldn't let you bring in a personal pan pizza or tray of nachos either.

I just put my cans of soda down the front of my pants, then have my fiance tell the guy at the gate I'm hung like a coke can.

But I made the mistake once by putting it in the back.

Iowa is more liberal than most stadiums. Most places dont allow you to take any liquid beverages into stadium. They want their concessions to do good business.

I see the OP point. You can bring in unopened regular water, so why not flavored water?

IDK. If that's the policy, my guess only: plain water is essential for hydration, so while the university wants you to buy everything from them they are not going to object if you bring your own while sitting in the sun for 3-4 hours on a warm afternoon. Flavored water, soda, juice, etc., on the other hand, are choices, and the university would be very pleased to sell them to you ... for well above wholesale.

They only allow small clear unopened bottles now, I tried to bring in one of thos $.59 dejablue 1 liter bottles from the hyvee gas station. They allowed them last year but not this year.

Iowa is more liberal than most stadiums. Most places dont allow you to take any liquid beverages into stadium. They want their concessions to do good business.
They would have more business if they took debit cards. I always forget to bring enough cash.

Latest posts