Does anyone give a crap about Bama v. Clemson?

That was not an illegal pick play because the Clemson wide receiver didnt touch the defender guarding the guy who broke to the outside.

I only have general knowledge of this rule and how/when its enforced. I was using the same term as the announcers, but just in a generic sense. Regardless, it was a well executed play and I was perfectly happy to see the Tide go down, or out.

Watch this game and tell me that Stars don't matter.....
Generally agree with you. But it is kind of funny that one of the top performers last night was a walk-on that looked a lot like the type of player that gets skewered by the recruiting gurus on this board.

I had honestly forgotten about it until a friend asked where I was watching the game. I ended up not watching a single second of the game, including pre and post game coverage. Can't remember the last time I did not watch the "Championship" game. Maybe it was Iowa's lackluster bowl outing. Maybe it's because I'm tired of Alabama also. More likely a combo of the two, but I can guarantee I'll watch the Sooper Boll even if it's Dallas and New England, the two teams I hate most.

Watch this game and tell me that Stars don't matter.....
Well the kid that caught the game winning TD was a walkon to start with and looks like Riley McCarron... But the QB that threw it to him was a 5 star 1st round draft pick that should have gotten the Heisman.. So to that end I digress haha

I think the main question relates to college football in general and what the future looks like. Outside of you own team, does anyone really care? Games take longer while attention span decreases. Going to a game pretty much takes out a whole day an it's not that cheap. The cost has gone up while family income and hours worked have increased. You can get the highlights in 15 minutes and the whole game in about an hour online.

Baylor, PSU, Illinois/Indiana type issues have tired people and likely were only the tip of the iceberg. Concussions and huge salaries way beyond what mere mortals can make surely makes an impact.

You can get 24/7 info. The analysis shows are often more fun than the product. Some on here I am sure get more entertainment out of discussion boards than the actual game. How many game this year were as exciting as "The" thread last evening?

At some schools the fans seems to care more than the coach...

I can't stand watching SEC teams because I know that their top players are all getting paid and their programs are corrupt. Makes me sick.

I think the main question relates to college football in general and what the future looks like. Outside of you own team, does anyone really care? Games take longer while attention span decreases. Going to a game pretty much takes out a whole day an it's not that cheap. The cost has gone up while family income and hours worked have increased. You can get the highlights in 15 minutes and the whole game in about an hour online.

Baylor, PSU, Illinois/Indiana type issues have tired people and likely were only the tip of the iceberg. Concussions and huge salaries way beyond what mere mortals can make surely makes an impact.

You can get 24/7 info. The analysis shows are often more fun than the product. Some on here I am sure get more entertainment out of discussion boards than the actual game. How many game this year were as exciting as "The" thread last evening?

At some schools the fans seems to care more than the coach...
Not to mention that championship games don't start until 8PM or later and us old men can't stay up until 11 or 12 and function at work the next day.

I watched for about 5 minutes. The Clemson tight end caught a ball over the middle and got a helmet-to-helmet hit and no flag. I was disgusted. The object is to keep the players safe as they can but they let Alabama get a way with targeting. I turned the channel (don't even remember what to - maybe the Bulls game)

Later, I watched for about 2 minutes and the Clemson quarterback ran and got a helmet-to-helmet hit and no flag. Again, I was disgusted. A different Alabama player got away with targeting. I turned the channel and didn't turn it back.

Latest posts