Does Aaron White not realize that he is the best player on the floor?

The major hole in White's offensive game right now is he is not a great three-point shooter. He knows it, and opposing teams know it. So it seems like he can get stuck on the perimeter a lot without a lot of driving lanes because other teams are aware of the fact that he wants to drive his defender to the basket.

I liked what Iowa did in the second half and had White slide from the perimeter into the post. That allowed him to not only post his smaller defenders (also a problem for him on the perimeter) but he could get to the line and take advantage of his great free-throw shooting. It's when he gets to the paint and starts making FTs that he starts to go on his mini runs.

Exactly, he wants to play on the outside and drive and you cant do that when you are being gaurded by a smaller quicker guy who backing off.

The first 3/4 of that game he was trying to find ways to drive and just couldnt.

The thing is hes not real comfortable in the post but if hes going to play the 3 he and the team have to force that issue. It drives me crazy that it takes untill nothing else works to go to it when it should be option #1 from the get go if the opponent is going to put a 6'5 gaurd on him.

Same thing happened at Wisconsin.

Sometimes the great ones have to be selfish and that is what separates them from the good players.

I agree with this. I also feel that his quote "I'm supposed to be one of the top players in this league, but I'm not making an impact until it is too late. I can't allow myself to keep doing that." indicates that he is not one of the top players in the league yet. Don't get me wrong I think he's a very good player on a very good team, but the fact is that this is an ongoing thing and as much as he's talked about it and addressed it, it is still an issue. I simply feel that an elite player doesn't find themself in this position over and over. I love the fact that White wants to be that guy, but I don't think he's there yet.

I agree with this. I also feel that his quote "I'm supposed to be one of the top players in this league, but I'm not making an impact until it is too late. I can't allow myself to keep doing that." indicates that he is not one of the top players in the league yet. Don't get me wrong I think he's a very good player on a very good team, but the fact is that this is an ongoing thing and as much as he's talked about it and addressed it, it is still an issue. I simply feel that an elite player doesn't find themself in this position over and over. I love the fact that White wants to be that guy, but I don't think he's there yet.

Has he really ever addressed this in the past? He's had games where he disappears before, but a lot of players go through that, especially early in their careers. Now he's at the point where he completely takes over the game, it just takes him awhile to do it. This just has a different feel than his past issues. Like maybe he's finally realizing just how close he is. He's right on the edge.

Its not a matter of being selfish or not. Its a matter of strategy.

He passes up outside shots because he knows he cant hit em consistently.

You cant play on the perimiter with no jump shot.

Latest posts