Dochterman notes from Iowa Scrimmage today

Very short notes, and those videos did not display a very impressive looking bunch of ball players. I know it was just a practice, and I hate to be negative based upon just a couple minutes, but dang that was miserable shooting.

Very short notes, and those videos did not display a very impressive looking bunch of ball players. I know it was just a practice, and I hate to be negative based upon just a couple minutes, but dang that was miserable shooting.

It showed 51 seconds to be exact. I was at that scrimmage and can tell you that the footage was at the end of about 30 minutes of everyone that shot playing without a break.

How well would you shoot after running up and down a basketball court for 30 min?

Also prior to the video Payne took a nasty fall, he had two pretty good size welts on his back. If it were me.... I would have already been admitted into one of the U of I hospital beds.

My notes of what I took away are in the recruiting info thread as I was impressed with the size and cut of Kravish.

Triton- Thanks for explaining that footage was while they were tired. I know how shooting tired can be a killer, especially this time of year when the hoopsters are not in prime shape.
So... how do you feel about Kravish or White signing today?
Woody said he said they all seemed to be having a good time and smiling more than in the past. That is a great sign. I don't want the Hawkeyes to appear to be going through the motions and forced to play within a tight system anymore.

It would be nice to start putting a recruiting class together now so that the unsigned players would know who they are going to be with and allow the coach the same thought.

I really wish that the recruites could have participated in the scrimmage. I don't know anything much about either player can only talk about what I saw and it appeared that Kravish was all of 6'9", White smaller and thinner.

I will say that Iowa is much more talented than last year as McCabe/Basabe can easily take the minutes from the loss of Fuller.

Payne and May appear faster and more dynamic than a year ago as well.

Marble is a wild card as I was really impressed with his hustle and defensive quickness. He also shot the ball well from the outside.