Dochterman: Iowa football’s character, consistency on display again in Music City Bowl win

Quite an accomplishment given they are the ONLY team to rank dead last among P5 programs on offensive production in 1/4th of those years while absolutely pummeling one of the other 4 in one of those years.

Contract Extensions for all.

Last edited:
If Kirk would have hired a modern offensive OC in the last 20 years we would have at least one National championship. No program has left more on the table than Iowa.

Nice accomplishment as a team, but still there's no excuse for the hawks dreadful offense in the same time frame. The defense is the majority reason Iowa's won at least 8 games a year.

An average offenses gives Iowa 9 to 10 wins per year. That happens and fans expectation increase. I truly believe KF likes 8 wins on average. Any more and the pressure on him goes up.

Let's stop pointing out that KF is one of the most successful coaches in the country. What fun is that? Its much better to just regurgitate that the Iowa offense is terrible because of BF.....

I swear, if a thread started: "KF saves busload of orphans from drowning in river" the first response would be:

"I bet Brian was driving the bus"

Hoping we see some big announcements this week. I believe KF and leadership saw the obvious and will be making changes.

Quite an accomplishment given they are the ONLY team to rank dead last among P5 programs on offensive production in 1/4th of those years while absolutely pummeling one of the other 4 in one of those years.

Contract Extensions for all.
I don't know. We'll see.

Let's stop pointing out that KF is one of the most successful coaches in the country. What fun is that? Its much better to just regurgitate that the Iowa offense is terrible because of BF.....

I swear, if a thread started: "KF saves busload of orphans from drowning in river" the first response would be:

Yup

Nice accomplishment as a team, but still there's no excuse for the hawks dreadful offense in the same time frame. The defense is the majority reason Iowa's won at least 8 games a year.

An average offenses gives Iowa 9 to 10 wins per year. That happens and fans expectation increase. I truly believe KF likes 8 wins on average. Any more and the pressure on him goes up.
Iowa has won 71games the past 8 seasons, including not getting to play 4 games in the 6-2 COVID year of 2022. That’s pretty much an average of 9 wins per year during that time.

Norm and Phil Parker are responsible for more of the Hawkeyes' successes than Kirk Ferentz. Unless you count KF hiring them as the foundation of it.

Actually, Phil has been responsible for winning games in spite of the Ferentzes. It's a hell of a thing when you not only have to win games strictly with your unit, but you actually have to fight a battle that your other coordinator makes worse than it normally would be. Statistically, Phil would've had an easier time winning ballgames had Brian just punted every first down.

Norm and Phil Parker are responsible for more of the Hawkeyes' successes than Kirk Ferentz. Unless you count KF hiring them as the foundation of it.

Actually, Phil has been responsible for winning games in spite of the Ferentzes. It's a hell of a thing when you not only have to win games strictly with your unit, but you actually have to fight a battle that your other coordinator makes worse than it normally would be. Statistically, Phil would've had an easier time winning ballgames had Brian just punted every first down.
Yeah, case in point is the last bowl game. Iowa was 0-11 in 3rd down conversions. Punted every time.

Latest posts