Do You Want the Big 10 to add another team?

Do you want the Big 10 to add another team to the conference?

• Yes

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Don't Care!

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i would say the first pitch should go to Nebraska. i think other than notre dame, they have the most to bring to the table. it doesn't open up much as far as marketing and recruiting, but they have a national name with great tradition and sold out stadium for the last 50 years, a great traveling fan base and a academic institution that would fit right in with the big 10. if a division alignment would go west and east, it would look like this.

East
Penn St.
Michigan
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Purdue
Indiana

WEST
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois

Can you seriously say that they wouldn't feel the same about there chances winning the big ten west as they do the big 12 north?

i would say the first pitch should go to Nebraska...and sold out stadium for the last 50 years

Does it really count as sold out when you give away the last 3,000 tickets to a game because you can't get anyone to buy them? Don't get me wrong - every game but 2 for 50 years is still an amazing accomplishment but I just don't think they should be allowed to claim a 50 year sellout when they had to give away thousands of tickets for a couple of games back during the Callahan years.

And just to ward off the flames - yes I live in Lincoln and I heard the radio ads myself saying if you want to go to the game the tickets are being given away at X location so come be a part of the longest continuous sellout streak in the country.

That being said I would LOVE for Nebraska to join the Big 10. It would certainly make things interesting around here if we played every year. I think their fans would be much happier in the Big 10 than they are currently in the Big 12, I just think it would take them a few years to realize it. There are actually some rumors down on campus about NE to the Big 10 although they are more than likely just the same kind of stuff as us talking on these boards.

I would be more open to the possibility if it were ND...maybe Nebraska...but either way I'd still have to say no. I just feels like were trying to keep up with the Joneses here. The Big Ten has been a little bit down and they feel like they need to strive for national attention. If the Big Ten gets back to playing dominant football it won't matter.

The Big Ten is still the creme de la creme of conferences...and lets face it ESPN doesn't like the Big Ten the same way that Wal-Mart doesn't like Target. The BTN is a direct competitor of ESPN part of what we're trying to do is appease ESPN people who sit on tv and say that not playing after Thanksgiving hurts the Big Ten for rankings and Heisman...trust me...undefeated teams in the Big Ten will always get plenty of attention whether they are playing after Thanksgiving or not and the next time the conference has a legit Heisman candidate they'll get their due respect.

We don't need a 12th team and it feels like a reactionary move.

With all that being said...my vote is that we make the invite to what sounds like an anxious Missouri team and get everything in place...then right before they actually join the conference tell them we were just kidding and we'll actually be inviting Grand Valley State because of their superior academics.

Latest posts