Do You Wanna Dance: Every Game Other Than The HAWKEYES

Go home Zags. Didn't seem like a better Gonzaga team this year. First time I have actually watched them and it looks that way to me. Even if they escape tonight this team isn't gonna be the Zag team to win it all.
Arkansas foul trouble may save Gonzaga. But Zags aren't getting enough stops. Arkansas offense looks like Iowa's with better athletes.

Arkansas foul trouble may save Gonzaga. But Zags aren't getting enough stops. Arkansas offense looks like Iowa's with better athletes.
They are kinda the Iowa of the SEC. Not one of the bigger names like Kentucky, Auburn, Bama etc. Difference is the coaches are not the same level. Be nice if we had Eric Musselman instead of Fran. Pretty sure we would still be playin' this year.

They are kinda the Iowa of the SEC. Not one of the bigger names like Kentucky, Auburn, Bama etc. Difference is the coaches are not the same level. Be nice if we had Eric Musselman instead of Fran. Pretty sure we would still be playin' this year.
Musselman is the perfect example of the type of coach I would love Iowa to get. Someone who may not be here in five years but will give you everything he's got while he's here. Something I have brought up at least a dozen times.

Musselman has had a fascinating career with stops overseas, in the old CBA, the NBA, and most recently Nevada and Arkansas. He will be at a blue blood within three years. Or Minnesota (which isn't a blue blood but Eric's dad Bill once coached there). Thank God it wasn't Indiana or Michigan. Will it be Kentucky?

um, nah dawg. they are the third best hoops program in the sec in the "modern era" behind kentucky and florida. bince 1990, arkansas has a title, 3 Final Fours and 8 elite 8s. they hit a rough patch when nolan richardson got run but they didn't completely F up their program. they couldn't be more different than iowa if they tried, bruh.

um, nah dawg. they are the third best hoops program in the sec in the "modern era" behind kentucky and florida. bince 1990, arkansas has a title, 3 Final Fours and 8 elite 8s. they hit a rough patch when nolan richardson got run but they didn't completely F up their program. they couldn't be more different than iowa if they tried, bruh.
Give me the 1990 Hogs. Todd Day, Lee Mayberry, Lenzie Howell, Mario Credit, Arlyn Bowers, Oliver Miller, Ron Huery, forty minutes of hell.

They were surpassed that year only by UNLV, who should have been on probation.

Musselman is the perfect example of the type of coach I would love Iowa to get. Someone who may not be here in five years but will give you everything he's got while he's here. Something I have brought up at least a dozen times.

Musselman has had a fascinating career with stops overseas, in the old CBA, the NBA, and most recently Nevada and Arkansas. He will be at a blue blood within three years. Or Minnesota (which isn't a blue blood but Eric's dad Bill once coached there). Thank God it wasn't Indiana or Michigan. Will it be Kentucky?
How old is Calipari? He's been around longer than many probably realize. My first memories of him go back to him at UMass and that was like 30 years ago. UK isn't firing him anytime soon but with all the $ he's made and the changes in college ball I could see him exiting stage left like coach K is in a yr or so.

They are still Iowa.:) More success but they are Iowa. Iowa just not doing that well but they could have. Actually around that time. Some issues kept Iowa from building/following up on the 30-5 season but they could have. Not talking about success though. The other stuff. Who in the SEC is more Iowa than Arkansas?? Not KY, not Bama or Auburn or Ole miss. Not Vanderbilt. Are we more like A&M or Arkansas? Not Florida which is not like Iowa. Guess South Carolina could be a contender especially if you want to put more into both being bird mascots; Cocky and Herky :).
https://youtu.be/qk16AxPqgLI

Last edited:
They are still Iowa.:) More success but they are Iowa. Iowa just not doing that well but they could have. Actually around that time. Some issues kept Iowa from building/following up on the 30-5 season but they could have. Not talking about success though. The other stuff. Who in the SEC is more Iowa than Arkansas?? Not KY, not Bama or Auburn or Ole miss. Not Vanderbilt. Are we more like A&M or Arkansas? Not Florida which is not like Iowa. Guess South Carolina could be a contender especially if you want to put more into both being bird mascots; Cocky and Herky :).
https://youtu.be/qk16AxPqgLI
south carolina went to the FF fairly recently. maybe missouri is the best comparison for iowa. they pathologically fail to win successive big games and get absolutely destroyed by the elites and quickly diminish the hopes of the fanbase in both football and basketball. arkansas is borderline basketball royalty and iowa is nowhere near that conversation.

Latest posts