Do you think

One thing I have noticed and loved is how much the bench is into the games at all times. Jumping around cheering guys on giving high fives at time outs. Doesn't seem like a lot of kids pouting on the bench they are into it as a team it seems.

One thing I have noticed and loved is how much the bench is into the games at all times. Jumping around cheering guys on giving high fives at time outs. Doesn't seem like a lot of kids pouting on the bench they are into it as a team it seems.

Yep, and it's been that way ever since Fran was hired. It was a night and day difference from the way the guys on the bench acted under Lickliter. They look like they are having fun under Fran.

Yep, and it's been that way ever since Fran was hired. It was a night and day difference from the way the guys on the bench acted under Lickliter. They look like they are having fun under Fran.

Devon Archie might be the exception....he seemed to sulk and pout on the bench.

In fairness to the guys on the bench, even their coach looked miserable sitting there most of the time.

In fairness to the guys on the bench, even their coach looked miserable sitting there most of the time.

Absolutely. That was basically my point. There was just a terrible atmosphere surrounding Lickliter's team. Fran did a great job of turning that around his first year here, even if the team wasn't much better. Fran was going to stick up for his guys and keep fighting even when we were losing big rather than sit there with his head in his hands like Lickliter did.

I think this group wants to make it to the NCAA's. I think they are a confident bunch and nobody knows better the depth and talent on the team than the guys on the team. The only time whining happens is when there is clear favoritism, and Fran doesn't seem like that guy.

86-87 and 05-06 Iowa teams had 10 players average double-figure minutes. Iowa had that last year, too.

No different than last year minus May plus Jok and Uthoff. They knew what it would be like this year and if they thought that they couldn't handle it then they would have left after spring. No point in them wasting another year otherwise. I believe they've all bought in and will be a good year.

I think this group wants to make it to the NCAA's. I think they are a confident bunch and nobody knows better the depth and talent on the team than the guys on the team. The only time whining happens is when there is clear favoritism, and Fran doesn't seem like that guy.

86-87 and 05-06 Iowa teams had 10 players average double-figure minutes. Iowa had that last year, too.

No they didn't. The 2005-06 team only had an eight man rotation.

Iowa Hawkeyes 2005-06 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - Men's College Basketball - ESPN

Latest posts