Do you think Delaney & Big 10 are just throwing trial baloons to measure response?

Win5002

I wonder if how the divisions are set are still up in the air and if Delaney wants to throw several trial balloons out to measure fan response.

First it was assumed PSU with the west.

Then about a month ago I remember Alvarez setting the table for a true East/West split.

Now its Michigan and OSU in separate divisions.

I wonder how much of this is being decided by the fan response.

Re: Do you think Delaney & Big 10 are just throwing trial baloons to measure response

Yes - I do

I think the B10 Commissioners are looking at all options and commenting on some, but I doubt they are interested in fan responses. Only what games will bring in the most money. That is what they are all about.

Re: Do you think Delaney & Big 10 are just throwing trial baloons to measure response

I think the B10 Commissioners are looking at all options and commenting on some, but I doubt they are interested in fan responses. Only what games will bring in the most money. That is what they are all about.

Fan response, can be a pretty good indicator or what will bring in the most money.

Fan response, can be a pretty good indicator or what will bring in the most money.

Agreed. Something that P.O.'s the fans likely will not be a money maker. I dont know many people who will purchase a good or service that makes them angry.

I wonder if how the divisions are set are still up in the air and if Delaney wants to throw several trial balloons out to measure fan response.

First it was assumed PSU with the west.

Then about a month ago I remember Alvarez setting the table for a true East/West split.

Now its Michigan and OSU in separate divisions.

I wonder how much of this is being decided by the fan response.

Welcome to the business industry. Glad you caught up. Now can we talk about things that matter?

The comment is that the Big Ten is 80% of the way into the final decision. You might as well let people know where you are at before it leaks out anyway. Call it floating a trial balloon may not be quite right, but the final decision won't be a shock. The 20% is where to place Iowa and Wisconsin? Both have reasons to be in the west.

I dont really care what they do with Mich and OSU. The only thing is you cant have Mich, Neb, Iowa, and Wisky in the same division. So it comes down to if they put Iowa or Wisky in the West. Makes more sense to put Iowa in the west to have the rivalry with Neb imo

Latest posts